One pot sausage pasta is a simple and healthy weeknight dinner recipe. A delicious tomato and vegetable combo that’s a perfect quick family meal!
Folks, its easy recipes like this one pot sausage pasta that I love to create the most.
I mean not only are one pot recipes timesavers but there’s less washing up.
Plus, they not only save on the washing up but they save on the pennies too and this sausage pasta is a fantastic budget meal!
This one pot sausage pasta recipe is similar to my chicken sausage casserole but here I’ve removed the sausage skins and combined the minced chicken meat in with all the vegetables. It saves having to make your own minced chicken!
The result was this delicious combination of chicken and vegetables all in a rich tomato sauce. Yum!
This is a wonderfully filling sausage pasta recipe that you don’t need to add anything to.
Even the pasta doesn’t need to be cooked seperately. It’s all done in that one pot.
You can use pork or beef sausages in this pasta recipe and that will give you different combinations of flavours that you could try.
Lady Lynne and I love our chicken sausages though. That’s why I used them. Also eating those helps to keep our consumption of red meat to a minimum.
Whilst chicken sausages are lower in calories than pork or beef sausages try and get ones that have a lower fat and salt content too. If you can.
It only takes 15 minutes to prep and then 30 minutes to cook this fantastic easy only pot pasta recipe.
In fact it could take less time than that if you’re a dab hand with your prep.
This one pot sausage pasta recipe is one of those meals that requires little thought. Just head to the supermarket straight after work and get your ingredients to make it.
Let me break down for you how to make this one post sausage pasta into 5 simple stages below.
I always think it’s easier to envisage the stages of making a recipe. It makes it less complicated don’t you think?
How To Make Sausage Pasta
- Prepare all your ingredients first.
- Next, sauté all of your vegetables.
- Add and cook your chicken sausage meat in with the vegetables breaking it down using a spoon.
- Stir in the spices and tomatoes to create that rich tomato sauce.
- Finally the pasta goes in and it’s cooked until tender.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Delicious One Pot Recipes For You To Try
- Low fat venison sausage casserole is an extremely tasty and easy one pot budget family meal. Made in just one hour, you’ll want to add this recipe to your quick healthy meals dinner list!
- One pot chicken, leek and sweet potato is the perfect quick healthy weeknight dinner recipe. This delicious and easy family casserole bakes in the oven and saves on the washing up!
- One pot chicken dhansak is a delicious home made lentil curry infused with spices that is so easy to make. Filling and providing a huge amount of your daily protein requirement it also comes in at only 437 calories too!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, as the weather turns a little cooler I thought it was time to start to roll out my new healthy soup recipes.
Now, if when I publish next weeks 30-Minute Sweetcorn Soup recipe, we are in the middle of a heatwave, then let me apologise now.
You see I write my recipe posts a couple of weeks in advance and often there’s no telling what our weather will do!
Still this new soup recipe is a keeper. It’s made with a bag of frozen sweetcorn and some other basic store cupboard ingredients so it’s an excellent quick healthy budget soup. One you’ll not want to miss.
Make sure you’re subscribed here and I’ll catch you later!
One Pot Sausage Pasta Recipe
In the recipe I’ve noted that the chilli is optional.
I do recommend making this one pot sausage pasta with the chilli but you might want to leave that out if you’re serving this to young kids.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
One Pot Sausage Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium red or green pepper sliced
- 75 g button mushrooms sliced
- 340 g chicken sausages outer skin removed
- ½ tsp chilli powder*
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 225 g whole wheat penne pasta
- Gently heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the garlic, onion, chosen pepper and sauté until tender for about 3 to 4 minutes then add the mushrooms. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken sausage meat, combine and break the meat down with a spoon and cook together with the vegetables until no longer pink. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chilli powder, oregano and then add the chopped tomatoes. Combine well together and bring everything to the boil.
- Add the penne pasta, stir well together again. Reduce the heat to a gently simmer, cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes until the pasta is tender. Be sure to check and stir whilst the pasta is cooking.