This mouthwatering Baileys chocolate cheesecake has a layer of chocolate ganache on top of the biscuit base which gives even more luxury to an already decadent creamy dessert.
Baileys and chocolate – what better partnership can there be?
Well I know an even better combination because I’ve got that combination for you right here!
And it’s going to blow your mind (as well as your taste buds!)
That combination is Baileys + chocolate + cheesecake = Baileys chocolate cheesecake!
Lady Lynne loves her Baileys, likes her cheesecake and also enjoys a little dark chocolate too.
So, when it was her birthday a few weeks ago this Baileys chocolate cheesecake is what I made for her. It’s her favourite dessert and after dinner drink in an all in one in a cheesecake!
A light crunchy biscuit base covered with a smooth layer of chocolate ganache.
Then a creamy Baileys enthused cheesecake filling. You know with one of those tastes that makes you stop on eating each mouthful to go “mmmmm”? 🙂
And then its finally topped off with a layer of dark chocolate shavings.
This Baileys chocolate cheesecake is THE perfect festive or celebration dessert!
For my cheesecake bases I always use “light” digestive biscuits and then reduced fat ingredients for the cheesecake filling.
I promise you won’t notice any difference in the delicious creamy taste and you’ll save yourself a few calories too.
As I always say here, living by the 80/20 rule does not mean denial like diets do.
And talking about diets. It’s all about to kick off isn’t it? The after Christmas diet explosion. (groan!)
But you folks know here that we don’t need that do we? Because with 80/20 it’s all about the moderation.
And even if you do feel that after Christmas you’ve over done it a little, my new free eBook Simple Soups To Promote Weight Loss will be winging it’s way to all you existing subscribers first on Friday 30th.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Cheesecake Recipes You Will Also Love
- No bake chocolate orange cheesecake. Smooth and luxurious; delicious and indulgent but remarkably simple to make. Perfect for Christmas or dinner parties!
- The easiest ever no bake blueberry cheesecake is the only blueberry cheesecake you will ever need. This is as quick and easy as cheesecake recipes get. No matter what the season is this cheesecake is perfect for all occasions!
- Coffee cheesecake in 4 easy steps is a delicious no bake recipe. This simple dessert will satisfy both coffee and cheesecake lovers alike!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Well folks, I expect you’re exceptionally busy like we are at this time of year getting ready for the big day, shopping, cooking, seeing family and doing all the usual sort of stuff just to keep things together too!
Last weekend I did my usual annual Christmas trip up to Dundee to see my old school pals. That’s the same lot I wrote about in this Dundee cake recipe earlier year. However I did actually manage it to be at the right time of year this time and not February!
So, this weekend we’ll be heading off down to Greenock to spend Christmas with Lynne’s parents.
I’ll be back next week with a really easy and low cost turkey and leek pie recipe (a pie recipe that’ll be a first on Neil’s Healthy meals!) which will help you use up any of that left over turkey you might have!
For now though, from Lynne and I both, we just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Have fun and take care!
Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
This baileys infused chocolate cheesecake is sure to go down a storm at your dinner parties. Enjoy!
Oh, and I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
- 50 g butter
- 100 g reduced fat digestive biscuits blitzed / crushed into crumbs
- 250 ml reduced fat double cream
- 100 g 75% chopped up dark chocolate
- 500 g low fat cream cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- 50 ml Baileys or similar Irish Cream Liquor
- Chocolate shavings for decoration
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the biscuit crumbs.
- Spoon the biscuit crumbs into a 20cm greased spring-form cake tin. Use a metal spoon to press the biscuit crumbs down firmly and evenly. Chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes until set.
- Pour 50ml of the double cream into a small saucepan, heat gently and when steam starts to come off remove it from the heat and stir in the dark chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the set biscuit base and return to the refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk or a wooden spoon, beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together until well mixed.
- Whisk the remaining 200ml double cream in a bowl until it begins to stiffen and then fold the double cream and Baileys into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the cream cheese and Baileys mixture over the chilled chocolate covered biscuit base. Make sure that there are no air bubbles by smoothing the top of the cheesecake with a palette knife or metal spoon.
- Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours until set.
- When ready to serve, decorate with the chocolate shavings and remove from the cake tin.
- Cut into 8 slices.