No bake chocolate orange cheesecake. Smooth and luxurious; delicious and indulgent but remarkably simple to make. Perfect for Christmas or dinner parties!
This no bake chocolate orange cheesecake is perfect topped with the fabulous chocolate orange segments that you only get from a Terry’s Chocolate Orange.
It’s easy to make and has a deliciously smooth velvet texture. A crunchy chocolate base. And is just packed with orange taste.
In other words this chocolate orange cheesecake is just pure heaven!
This simple no bake cheesecake recipe is one you’ll want to make again and again.
Not only is it perfect for Christmas but really any dinner party or holiday occassion is a good excuse to roll this cheesecake!
Folks I don’t think it would be Christmas without a thoroughly good cheesecake recipe.
You do remember last years Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake don’t you?
It’s one of my most popular cheesecake recipes!
So this year I wanted to make another really easy no bake cheesecake for you. And that’s where this no bake chocolate orange cheesecake comes in.
So let’s just get right on and talk more about this amazing no bake chocolate orange cheesecake….
Inspiration For This No Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
I’ll admit this chocolate orange cheesecake has been one that’s on the list for a while, but I felt Christmas was the right time to bring it it you.
When I think of Christmas it always has to involve a Terry’s Chocolate Orange somewhere.
In fact I remember when I was just a mere lad that I got a Terry’s Chocolate Orange in my Christmas stocking every year and I’m not sure what Christmas would have been like if I hadn’t received one!
There’s just something unique about that combined taste of chocolate and orange together don’t you think? And here in this recipe I’ve added a little more “spice” by way of the orange liquer complimenting and coaxing out those amazing flavours even more.
Of course I’m not neccessarily advocating that if this is your family Christmas day dessert that you feed your kids copious amounts of orange liquer. So, you could in fact remove that element and to add more orange flavour just add some more orange zest.
But, if you’re not feeding this to any kids, feel free to indulge in a little more liquer if you so fancy folks. After all it’s Christmas and you’ve got to indulge a little sometimes don’t you? 😉
How To Make Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
- First make the simple biscuit base with crushed chocolate bourbon biscuits (or chocolate Oreos) and melted butter.
- Whilst allowing time for the base to set in the fridge make the delicious creamy filling.
- Whisk the double cream then fold in the cream cheese, orange zest and orange liquer.
- When the base has set spoon the creamy filling over the base and smooth it down. Then place the cheesecake back in the fridge.
- Take the cheesecake out of the fridge when set, and 20 minutes prior to serving. Then decorate with the terry’s chocolate orange segments.
Tips For Making This Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
- What is the best kind of tin to make this cheesecake in? This is the deep round cake tin with loose base (affiliate link) that I use in the making of this cheesecake and many of my other cheesecakes too. I recommend this.
- When whisking the double cream you want it to be just becoming stiff, forming soft peaks. Don’t make it too stiff and don’t let it be too runny either.
- How long do you need to chill this no bake chocolate orange cheesecake for? Ideally it needs to be chilled in the fridge for at least 4 – 6 hours, or better still, overnight.
- What if the cheesecake hasn’t set? No problems, just put it in the freezer for a couple of hours (not too long keep checking it) until it has set and you are ready to decorate it with the orange segments and serve.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Cheesecake Recipes You Might Also Like
- The easiest ever no bake blueberry cheesecake is the only blueberry cheesecake you will ever need. This is as quick and easy as cheesecake recipes get. No matter what the season is this cheesecake is perfect for all occasions!
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake is a piece of heaven. Indulgent, sweet and creamy. A mouthwatering chocolate biscuit base topped with delicious chocolate chips and peanut butter then finished with a velvety chocolate ganache!
- Indulge a little here with this no bake white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. A tasty crunchy biscuit base covered in a light creamy white chocolate filling stuffed with fresh raspberries.
- No-bake Tia Maria cheesecake. This boozy, rich and creamy cheesecake with caramel glaze topping is perfect for all holiday occasions. It’s easy to make too!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Well folks I hope this terry’s chocolate orange cheesecake got you all drooling!
Anyway I hope that you can join me next week for two excellent leftover turkey recipes.
These are perfect if you’re wondering what to do with any leftover Christmas turkey!
The first one, leftover Turkey Chow Mein is published on Tuesday.
Then on Thursday Leftover Turkey Soup.
Until then have a great weekend!
No Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Recipe
It is possible to freeze any leftover chocolate orange cheesecake. Cut it into individual slices first before freezing.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
No Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
Cheesecake Base :-
- 200 g Chocolate Bourbon biscuits
- 100 g unsalted butter
Cheesecake Filling :-
- 300 ml light double cream
- 250 g low fat cream cheese
- Finely grated zest of one large orange
- 50 ml orange liqueur e.g. Cointreau
Cheesecake Topping :-
- Chocolate orange segments
Cheesecake Base :-
- Grease a round loose bottom 15cm/6" cake tin, and place a piece of greaseproof paper around the bottom.
- Crush the biscuits by placing them all in a bag and bashing them up to a breadcrumb consistency using a rolling pin, or use a food processor
- Gently melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir in the crushed biscuits, ensuring they absorb all of the melted butter.
- Spoon the biscuit crumbs into the cake tin. Use a metal spoon and your fingers to press the biscuit crumbs down firmly and evenly. Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour until set.
Cheesecake Filling :-
- Whisk the 300ml double cream in a bowl until it begins to stiffen and then fold in the cream cheese, orange zest and orange liqueur.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base. Make sure that there are no air bubbles by smoothing the top of the cheesecake with a palette knife or metal spoon.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge to chill for 4 to 6 hours. If you can make this the day before and chill overnight, then even better.
Cheesecake Topping :-
- Before serving, remove from fridge for 20 minutes or so to allow the cheesecake to return to room temperature, remove from the tin and decorate with the chocolate orange segments.