Banana bread muffins. These delicious healthier muffins are easy to make and can be ready in just over 30 minutes. A great recipe for kids to make too!
Folks, even if you're on a New Year health kick at the moment you'll love these healthier banana bread muffins. They're only 133 calories each!
Plus you can be sure these muffins are absolutely delicious too.
Why? Well because I've based these amazing muffins on my winning low calorie banana bread recipe.
That tried and tested recipe is one I've made for my family, friends and work colleagues for years.
This banana bread muffin recipe is such an easy recipe to make too.
No electric mixer is required. It's all made by combining two bowls of ingredients. One with wet ingredients and one with dry ingredients.
What you'll get with this recipe is perfect banana muffins every time. In just over half an hour!
It's a great recipe for using up any leftover bananas and simple enough for kids to do too.
Each tasty muffin has an amazing moist texture packed with banana and cinnamon flavours.
They're healthier than a standard banana bread muffin as my recipe uses a mixture of wholemeal and plain flour.
Also I don't use any butter. Instead vegetable oil and Greek yogurt are used as a substitute.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Banana Bread Recipes You Might Also Like
- Chocolate chip banana loaf cake is an easy to make, moist and delicious bake. Great served as a dessert or a coffee morning cake. Everyone will love this!
- Healthy banana and walnut loaf is the perfect accompaniment to your coffee/tea break. It’s delicious and easy to make with a superb moist texture.
- Cranberry banana bread is a deliciously moist healthy addition to your baking list. I’m using dried cranberries as opposed to fresh cranberries meaning it’s not just for Christmas it’s for all year round!
Banana Bread Muffins Recipe
You can enjoy these banana bread muffins for breakfast or a healthy snack. They're easily portable too.
Once cooled keep the muffins in an airtight container for 2 - 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Banana Bread Muffins Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 80 g caster sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 180 g no fat Greek yogurt
- 2 medium eggs whisked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 g sultanas*
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with papers.
- Sift all the dry ingredients, the flours, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Mix.
- In a separate Pyrex bowl, add the wet ingredients by mashing the bananas first with a potato masher or fork, then add the yogurt, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the larger bowl with the dry ingredients using a spatula. Stir in the sultanas if required.
- Spoon the batter into the papers in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes in the centre of an oven until risen and golden. Check the centre of one with a toothpick to ensure it comes out clean.
- Transfer and cool on a wire rack.