Healthier banana bread is made from the very minimal amount of oil and sugar and contains no butter. It’s less that 200 calories per slice too!
Folks, this healthier banana bread is an absolutely delicious recipe that I’ve made for my family and friends for years.
I figure that if they love it, you will too!
Working out at about 154 Calories per slice if you’re following the 80:20 rule it’s pretty much OK to have a couple of slices of this a day! 🙂
We took some slices of banana bread away with us on a day trip recently, wrapped in cling film and kept in a plastic lunch box.
The banana bread slices were still as moist and tasty as they were when it was first cut!
Lady Lynne even recently mentioned that this banana bread could be her choice of birthday cake this year if it was covered in something yummy like cream cheese icing or even chocolate ganache! 😆
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Home Baking Recipes You Might Also Like
- Cranberry banana bread is a deliciously moist healthy addition to your baking list. I’m using dried cranberries as opposed to fresh cranberries meaning it’s not just for Christmas it’s for all year round!
- Healthy banana and walnut loaf is the perfect accompaniment to your coffee/tea break. Filled with crunchy walnuts it’s a great budget cake for sharing with friends!
- Cherry bakewell loaf cake is an easy and delicious budget cake with all the flavours of a bakewell tart. Topped with a layer of icing sugar it’s perfect for sharing with friends.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Healthier banana bread is made from the very minimal amount of oil and sugar and contains no butter. It’s less that 200 calories per slice too!” quote=”Healthier banana bread is made from the very minimal amount of oil and sugar and contains no butter. It’s less that 200 calories per slice too!”]
Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
You could enjoy a slice of banana bread as a mid-morning healthy snack along with a coffee. And again later for your mid-afternoon snack with a nice cup of tea? Well, that’s how I like to have mine anyway!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
This healthier banana bread recipe is made from the very minimal amount of oil and sugar and contains no butter.
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½. tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125 g castor sugar
- 4 medium sized fairly ripe bananas
- 250 g no fat Greek yogurt or natural yogurt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp . vegetable oil
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and grease a 20cm x 12.5cm / 8” x 5” loaf tin. I usually just spray a couple of times with low cal cooking spray and spread that around with a piece of kitchen towel.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients, the 2 types of flours, bicarbonate of soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar into a large mixing bowl, or stand mixer bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients by mashing the bananas first with a potato masher or fork, then add the yogurt, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the larger bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold all of the ingredients together either using the stand mixer paddle attachment or a spatula.
- Pour cake mixture into loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly in the tin before removing and transferring to a wire baking rack.
- Once completely cooled either store in the fridge or slice into 15 slices and freeze.
Nutrition label calories are per slice.