Borlotti bean and tuna salad is made in just 15 minutes. It’s enough to feed a family of 4 and it’s packed with healthy goodness. This tasty recipe makes for an excellent quick healthy meal, ideal as a lunch or dinner option!
This borlotti bean and tuna salad is packed full of fibrous goodness, helping to provide a good portion of your daily protein requirement.
I’m a huge fan of this as a packed lunch option, it’s just so easy to make, from tinned beans, plus it’s low cost too.
Not sure what boroltti beans are, or can’t get any? No problems check my list of substitutes for borlotti beans below.
When I’m short on time this borlotti bean and tuna salad is the perfect quick healthy meal for me to put together for Lady Lynne and myself.
It’s a perfect dinner which makes sure we’re not raiding the cupboards after, still hungry!
Not only that, but I’ll make the full 4 portions of this. That means I can pop the remaining two into containers and then into the fridge for our lunches the next day!
So, I know that you too will love that this borlotti bean and tuna salad.
It’s versatile, covering various meal options and it’ll save you time and money. However, most of all its just such a healthy and wholesome filling meal.
Tips For Making This Borlotti Bean And Tuna Salad
Here’s some of the ingredients you can substitute or change in this borlotti bean and tuna salad to make different variations of it :-
- Substitute the canned borlotti beans for similar such as red kidney beans, butter beans, pinto beans or cannellini beans.
- Try adding chopped green beans and / or half a cooked egg to each portion.
- Add black or green olives.
- Adding a few left over boiled potatoes help to “bulk up” this recipe if you’re having it straight after a gym session.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Tuna pasta and sweetcorn salad makes for a perfect quick healthy meal. Made with a low calorie dressing and packed with delicious fresh salad ingredients its also great as a packed lunch option too.
- Mackerel beetroot salad is a great quick healthy meal. Rich in healthy oils like Omega-3 and Omega-6, it’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals too.
- Feta and lemon quinoa salad is a deliciously fresh tasting gluten free vegetarian healthy lunch option. Packed full of nutritional goodness.
Coming Next Time on Neil’s Healthy Meals
So folks, Lady Lynne and I just spent a fantastic weekend up in the Scottish Highlands staying at one of our favourite place’s, Rucksacks Bunkhouse in Braemar.
You may recall that Mike and I were there just a couple of months ago. I wrote about it in the Braemar Hillwalking Weekend post. We had a huge day of hiking in the hills under some glorious weather then.
Well this time too the weather gave us four seasons in a day, but I’m pretty sure you’ll agree with me next week that the scenery is still pretty stunning!
So check back on Tuesday for that Lochnagar Weekend recap and selection of some of the best views!
Until then, enjoy this borlotti bean and tuna salad recipe and have a great weekend!
Borlotti Bean And Tuna Salad Recipe
You’ll also find this bean salad a perfect addition, served as a side dish to your summer BBQ!
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Borlotti Bean and Tuna Salad
- 1 small red onion peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 400 g can borlotti beans rinsed and drained
- 160 g can tuna in water drained
- 5 inch piece of cucumber cut into chunks thumb size
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Put the chopped onion into a bowl and mix with the lemon juice.
- In separate large bowl add the beans and flake the tuna together..
- Add the cucumber and chopped parsley and stir everything together, leaving it to marinate for a few minutes.
- Then add the olive oil, tomatoes and the onion and lemon juice.
- Mix together thoroughly and season to taste