Borlotti bean and tuna salad is made in just 15 minutes. It’s enough to feed a family of 4 and it’s packed with healthy goodness. This tasty recipe makes for an excellent quick healthy meal, ideal as a lunch or dinner option!
This borlotti bean and tuna salad is packed full of fibrous goodness, helping to provide a good portion of your daily protein requirement.
I’m a huge fan of this as a packed lunch option, it’s just so easy to make, from tinned beans, plus it’s low cost too.
Not sure what boroltti beans are, or can’t get any? No problems check my list of substitutes for borlotti beans below.
When I’m short on time this borlotti bean and tuna salad is the perfect quick healthy meal for me to put together for Lady Lynne and myself.
It’s a perfect dinner which makes sure we’re not raiding the cupboards after, still hungry!
Not only that, but I’ll make the full 4 portions of this. That means I can pop the remaining two into containers and then into the fridge for our lunches the next day!
So, I know that you too will love that this borlotti bean and tuna salad. It’s versatile, covering various meal options and it’ll save you time and money. However, most of all its just such a healthy and wholesome filling meal.
Substitutes For This Borlotti Bean And Tuna Salad
Here’s some of the ingredients you can substitute or change in this borlotti bean and tuna salad to make different variations of it :-
- Substitute the canned borlotti beans for similar such as red kidney beans, butter beans, pinto beans or cannellini beans.
- Try adding chopped green beans and / or half a cooked egg to each portion.
- Add black or green olives.
- Adding a few left over boiled potatoes help to “bulk up” this recipe if you’re having it straight after a gym session.
So folks, Lady Lynne and I just spent a fantastic weekend up in the Scottish Highlands staying at one of our favourite place’s, Rucksacks Bunkhouse in Braemar.
You may recall that Mike and I were there just a couple of months ago. I wrote about it in the Braemar Hillwalking Weekend post. We had a huge day of hiking in the hills under some glorious weather then.
Well this time too the weather gave us four seasons in a day, but I’m pretty sure you’ll agree with me next Tuesday that the scenery is still pretty stunning!
Borlotti Bean and Tuna Salad
- 1 small red onion peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 400 g can borlotti beans rinsed and drained
- 160 g can tuna in water drained
- 5 inch piece of cucumber cut into chunks thumb size
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Put the chopped onion into a bowl and mix with the lemon juice.
- In separate large bowl add the beans and flake the tuna together..
- Add the cucumber and chopped parsley and stir everything together, leaving it to marinate for a few minutes.
- Then add the olive oil, tomatoes and the onion and lemon juice.
- Mix together thoroughly and season to taste
So check back on Tuesday (or better still subscribe 🙂 – details below) for that recap and selection of some of the best views!
Until then, enjoy this borlotti bean and tuna salad recipe and have a great weekend! And don’t forget to check out thinking out loud. Thanks Amanda.
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.