Quick healthy tuna burgers are easy to make and a real time saver. This is a delicious recipe made with canned tuna and minimal ingredients.
Quick healthy tuna burgers fit into all the categories I like to cover here at Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Not only are they healthy, easy, low in fat and freezable, but they’ll feed a family of 4 for less than £5!
Just tip the ingredients into a bowl, form the patties and you’re ready to cook this super low cost much loved family dinner!
I often make these healthy tuna burgers for Lady Lynne and I.
They’re made with canned tuna. Which is a great source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Why These Are Versatile Quick Healthy Tuna Burgers
Let me explain just what I mean by adaptable and versatile.
You see, these quick healthy tuna burgers are ideal for your BBQ too.
That is of course if you’re lucky enough to be able to BBQ!
Nope, Lady Lynne and I still haven’t been able to get the BBQ out once this year. 😮
Now, there’s been some days of good weather during the week where it’s been perfectly possible. But the last thing I want to do after a 9 hour day at work is haul the BBQ out of the garden shed!
So, we look forward to the weekend, with hope in our hearts. It could be this weekend for the annual BBQ. Please let it be this weekend…..
Alas, then of course it’s raining. Ha ha! 😆
But I’m not going to let the weather get me down.
This is why these quick healthy tuna burgers are adaptable and versatile. If you’re able to BBQ them outdoors, then great! It not, shallow fry then indoors, in just a little oil!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Burger Recipes You Might Also Like
- Quick and easy black bean burgers are perfect for cooking in a pan or on your BBQ. No matter what the weather or if you’re short on time, these delicious budget vegan burgers are the business!
- Quick healthy salmon burgers are the perfect easy dinner option. It takes just 40 minutes to prepare and cook these delicious heart healthy homemade patties.
- Homemade Quorn burgers. These tasty homemade Quorn burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
Quick Healthy Tuna Burgers Recipe
These tuna burgers are a big favourite in our house. They are freezable and an ideal quick and easy lunch or even dinner idea.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Quick Healthy Tuna Burgers
- 2 160g cans of tinned tuna in spring water drained and flaked
- 80 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Mix tuna, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, lemon juice and spring onions together in a bowl
- Using your hands, form 4 patties and place, covered in the fridge for one hour*
- Gently heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan. Place the patties into the pan and cook on each side for approximately 3 – 4 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with iceberg lettuce, lemon slices and a little tartar sauce / low fat mayonnaise between wholemeal buns.