Cauliflower cheese pasta bake is made with healthy whole wheat pasta and a reduced fat cheese sauce making it a healthier option compared to normal cauliflower cheese.
Hello there folks! Today I'm introducing you to this delicious cauliflower cheese pasta bake.
It's our favourite healthier twist on the classic cauliflower cheese dish.
Easy to make and and devoured at mealtimes this cauliflower cheese bake is sure to become a family favourite!
Firstly, let me say, I love the classic cauliflower cheese recipe!
All that lovely gooey cheese sauce and the soft crunch of the cauliflower.
However, what I don't love about it, is that it can often be quite calorific.
Plus, I don't know about you folks but it often doesn't fill me up totally either.
But this this cauliflower cheese pasta bake will.
Why You'll Love This Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Bake
- It only takes one hour to make. An ideal family quick healthy meal!
- Six servings mean leftovers can be frozen, helping towards meal planning when you follow the 80/20 rule
- It's only 345 calories per serving. The nutrition section can provide you with more details as to how many calories you need per day
- A more than recommended daily helping of your vitamin C allowance here, from the cauliflower, will help boost your immune system
- Kids will love this, and you can be sure they're getting plenty of vitamins and minerals
- Can be used as a side dish as well as a main meal
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Pasta Bake Recipes You Might Also Enjoy
- Chicken broccoli stilton pasta bake is a delicious easy family meal. It’s relatively healthy, low cost and can be on the table in less than an hour. An excellent quick healthy meal!
- Sausage pasta bake with baked beans is a quick and easy to make delicious family casserole recipe. Using lower calorie ingredients means this dish can be an aid to slimming too.
- This super easy vegetarian quorn pasta bolognese bake takes just under an hour to prepare and can serve up to six people.
- Cauliflower cheese mushroom bake is an easy to make 30-minute vegetarian family dish. It’s perfect for busy weeknights and also great as a side.
Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Bake Recipe
You'll get 6 servings from this cauliflower cheese bake.
If there's any left you can easily freeze them. I recommend cutting the bake into portions and freezing individually. They can be easily reheated in the microwave or oven.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Bake Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 225 g whole wheat fusilli
- 900 g cauliflower finely chopped or pulsed to a rice consistency in a food processor
- 400 ml skimmed milk
- 15 g corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
- 175 g low fat grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180C fan.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for about 8 minutes, drain, and mix in a large bowl with the cauliflower.
- Gently heat the milk in a saucepan and add the corn flour mixture. Stir continuously to form a white sauce ensuring any lumps are removed.
- Gradually stir in 150g of the grated cheese, stirring continuously until it’s melted and has thickened to make cheese sauce then stir in the Dijon mustard and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully pour the cheese sauce into the large bowl with the pasta and cauliflower and mix together thoroughly. Season.
- Transfer the contents to a suitably sized casserole dish then sprinkle the remaining 25g grated cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese on top is bubbling.