Cherry tomato salad is the perfect summer side dish for your BBQ. Made even more delicious with a sweet and tangy dressing!
Folks, the shops are full of lots of delicious summer salad ingredients.
So why not grab yourself some ripe cherry tomatoes and make this amazing summer cherry tomato salad?
You'll love that this tomato salad is so easy to make.
It's a great way to add a colourful and vibrant addition to your dinner table!
I mentioned in the last post that we've been enjoying some really great summer weather and have been able to sit in the garden.
Well with that happening the BBQ has been out plenty too and I've been conjuring up new side dishes to go with all the delicious grilled meats we've been enjoying!
There couldn’t be an easier side dish to compliment your BBQ recipes than this cherry tomato salad.
It takes only 10 minutes to make and the contrasting flavour of the tasty dressing is just the perfect accompaniment!
Even if you're not a BBQ fan or it's not the time of year you'll still find this cherry tomato salad great to go with all sorts of meals.
For instance you could enjoy this with a cold meat platter. Or even just with some homemade focaccia.
If you can't get cherry tomatoes but grape tomatoes are available instead then they can easily be substituted.
Just don't be tempted to eat all this delicious tomato salad by yourself. It's meant for sharing!
How To Make Cherry Tomato Salad In Just 4 Steps!
- Place the oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and honey into a jar and mix well together.
- Put the halved cherry tomatoes into a small bowl and pour the dressing over, coating all the tomatoes.
- Place the tomato bowl into fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving stir well.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Side Salad Dishes You Might Also Like
- Avocado salad with orange vinaigrette is a simple low calorie 10 minutes freshly prepared salad with a sweet and tangy fresh tasting dressing. Perfect for packed lunches!
- Easy healthier coleslaw is the perfect side for your BBQ’s and salads. Made with a lower calorie dressing this creamy coleslaw serves up to 8 people.
- Cabbage and radish slaw is a wonderfully quick, freshly tasting and healthy side dish to go with your BBQ’s and salads! At only 62 calories a serving, there’s no guilt with piling this high on your plate!
- This easy delicious tomato and onion salad is the perfect side dish for virtually any occasion. It's just bursting with flavour!
Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe
You could make this into a quick caprese salad by adding some chopped mozzarella.
Some finely diced red onion is also a nice addition to your cherry tomato salad!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 500 g cherry tomatoes halved.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil finely chopped.
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon clear honey
- Place all the oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and honey into a jar and mix well together.
- Put the tomatoes into a small bowl and pour the dressing over, coating all the tomatoes.
- Place into fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving stir well again.