Avocado salad with orange vinaigrette is a simple low calorie 10 minutes freshly prepared salad with a sweet and tangy fresh tasting dressing. Perfect for packed lunches!
Avocado is often classed as a “super food” and it’s one that I love in my salads.
You’ll get ALL that from this avocado salad, plus a really tasty zingy fresh and naturally sweet dressing!
If you’ve been following my salad recipe postings, you’ll have noticed that I’ve been using quite a lot of lettuce recently. There are 2 reasons for that, 1) it’s currently in season in Britain and 2) it’s cheap and plentiful at my local supermarket.
But, it’s a shame that our weather has not improved much since I posted my first Waldorf salad recipe on my blog.
The salad section is still relatively untouched at my supermarket.
It’s funny that when the sun comes out here those shelves are emptied. Still I’ll take advantage of that and of the lower prices if other people are not going to!
You don’t have to spend a fortune on food to cook healthily. I frequently pick up loads of things in the reduced section that can be put in the freezer and used at a future date, saving me money and keeping me healthy at the same time!
Anyway, onto this delicious avocado salad 🙂
Avocado salad with orange vinaigrette is a simple low calorie freshly prepared salad with a sweet and tangy fresh tasting dressing.
- 2 little gem lettuce’s chopped
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and chopped
- 8 slices of cucumber quartered
- 10 cherry / baby plum tomatoes halved
- 12 black olives
- 2 spring onions sliced finely
- Orange Vinaigrette Ingredients:-
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Arrange the lettuce onto 2 plates or into 2 sealable containers for packed lunches.
- On top of the lettuce place the chopped avocado, slices of cucumber, halved tomatoes and 6 black olives each.
- Scatter the spring onions over the top.
- Put all of the orange vinaigrette ingredients into a jar with a screw top lid and shake well.
- Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the salad distributing between the 2 plates.
If you are taking this for a packed lunch, It’s best served chilled I find.
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.