This chorizo and lentil Stew is so tasty. An all in one pot, quick healthy meal for all the family. It’s one of our favourites and we’re pretty sure it’ll be one of yours soon too.
This chorizo and lentil stew really is an amazingly tasty combination.
It’s just so filling and you’ll be amazed that this is only 274 calories per serving!
Chorizo has got to be one of the most delicious kinds of sausage you can get and it’s so versatile too!
I love that when you cook the chorizo, it releases its fat and flavours (not to mention that amazing aroma that fills your kitchen) allowing you to cook the rest of your ingredients in those juices
And that’s just what I’ve done here with my Chorizo and Lentil Stew.
I always use chorizo in moderation because it can be quite fatty and also because you don’t need much to make great flavoursome dishes.
The 120g you use here makes 8 portions of this chorizo and lentil stew and so the chorizo part equates to only 70 calories per portion.
Do you need to make 8 portions? Yes I recommend it because this dish is so tasty and you would regret not making enough!
You don’t need to eat all the portions at once, ha ha! No, they should be frozen, but I confess that I liked this so much I had it for Monday and Tuesday dinner too.
Actually it was also good that I made so much of this chorizo and lentil stew because it’s been a really busy week at work in catching up with stuff.
For This Chorizo Lentil Stew You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the casserole pot I use. It’s made of cast iron with a smooth enamel finish to reinforce durability and resistance.
You’ll see me using it in many of my recipes and recipe photographs.
Hygienic and easy to clean there is no absorption of colours and tastes. It’s ovenproof and suitable for all hob types.
It also comes with a lifetime guarantee. You’ll never need to buy another casserole pot after you buy this one!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Chorizo Recipes You Might Also Like
- You’ll love the smell of this chorizo, tomato, lentil and kale soup as it permeates your kitchen and house when the chorizo is releasing its juices. And as for the taste, well it’s just a complete taste sensation!
- Chorizo Bolognese with lentils is a simple 30 minute lightly spiced quick healthy lentil chorizo dinner recipe. It’s a delicious budget bolognese recipe that will easily feed a family of 4.
- Mediterranean chorizo couscous is a delicious quick healthy budget meal. You’ll love the flavours of the smoky sweet lightly toasted couscous. It’ll make your taste buds sing!
Chorizo and Lentil Stew Recipe
Chorizo and lentil stew is perfect for chilly winter days and makes a perfect quick healthy meal!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chorizo and Lentil Stew
- 120 g Spanish chorizo finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 1 red pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled and diced
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 300 g red split lentils
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 150 g frozen peas
- Freshly chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish
- In a large casserole pot heat the chorizo to release its fat then remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon leave in the fat and juices in the pot.
- Add the onion and red pepper and sweat these in the chorizo fat until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced carrots and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the lentils, smoked paprika tomatoes and chorizo. Allow to simmer and put the lid on the casserole pot and cook for 30 minutes checking every now and then that the mixture is not drying out. If it is add sufficient water.
- Add the frozen peas 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Serve on rice with freshly chopped parsley sprinkled over.