Halloumi and beetroot salad is a perfect delicious lunch or light dinner option. It’s less than 300 calories and it’s also quick and easy to make.
Mmmmmm, yummy, my other half exclaimed as she handed me back her empty halloumi and beetroot salad lunch plate on Saturday.
That was her seal of approval on this halloumi beetroot salad recipe.
Like a lot of my recipes the inspiration for this one came from a lunch out I had with a friend.
This is a similar combination to that lunch but I decided to add my own take with a reduced calorie / fat dressing in the recipe.
I just LOVE halloumi cheese! Don’t you?
It’s got such a unique texture and taste after grilling.
I mean it can of course be eaten without grilling it, but I recommend doing so.
That’s how I’ve used it in this Halloumi and Beetroot Salad recipe. Grilled and then placed on top of the salad still slightly warm.
Then pour the dressing over and let the flavours mingle in a mouth-watering taste explosion!
The 2 slices of halloumi per serving come in at only around 166 calories and halloumi cheese is a great source of the mineral calcium too.
Beetroot is a so-called “superfood” being associated with helping to lower blood pressure and can improve exercise performance.
For This Halloumi And Beetroot Salad You May Need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Mackerel beetroot salad is a perfect nutritious packed lunch option. It’s rich in healthy oils like Omega-3 and Omega-6.
- This easy honey mustard turkey pasta salad uses a really simple lower calorie dressing which adds a whole lot of flavour to this recipe!
- Chicken, walnut and blue cheese salad has loads of flavour and a wonderful crunch too. It’s perfect for a really quick and easy lunch or weeknight dinner option!
Halloumi and Beetroot Salad Recipe
This halloumi and beetroot salad can be made as a lunch or dinner option. I would pile on more salad if you are making this a dinner option!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Halloumi and Beetroot Salad
Halloumi Salad Ingredients
- 100 g reduced fat Halloumi sliced
- 4 cooked beetroots sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Lettuce of choice (I used a small 70g bag of herbed lettuce)
- 2 tbsp lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 small finely sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Grind of salt
- Assemble the beetroot and cherry tomatoes on top of the salad leaves, sprinkling the pine nuts and finely chopped onion over.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small jar.
- Heat grill pan until medium hot then brown each side of the halloumi cheese slices.
- Place the halloumi slices on top of the salad and drizzle the dressing over.