Pecan nut biscuit bars are delicious little low calorie handy lunch box snacks. They taste absolutely amazing and at only 163 calories each they make for a much more healthier snack bar than shop bought ones!
Hey folks, today’s recipe pecan nut biscuit bars is one you’ll love to get your teeth into!
Firstly though, thanks for all your emails and comments. I really appreciate your time in reading and engaging with me. 🙂
Understanding The Confusing World Of Nutritional Facts
On driving home from work last night I was listening to a nutritionist being interviewed on Steve Wright’s afternoon show on Radio 2.
However, I don’t recall her actually giving any kind of links to resources you can go to in order to follow up, or read more about these specific nutritional details.
When I started out researching and reading the vast amount of information on the internet regarding healthy living I sometimes found it to be confusing and conflicting.
That’s when I decided to find out exactly the right, recommended details for myself.
Then it became a passion and I started studying it and gaining professional qualifications. I then took the steps to write about those specific details here within the healthy living pages.
I hope that you’ll find what I have written useful.
Anyway, here’s today’s recipe. Delicious little low calorie sweet pecan nut biscuit bars that simply taste mmmmm!!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 100 g soft light brown sugar
- 55 g butter
- 55 g wholemeal flour
- 55 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 90 g chopped pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 180C Fan.
- With the low calorie cooking spray lightly spray a 30cm x 20cm shallow baking tin.
- In a large mixing, or stand mixer bowl cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add into the creamed butter mixture the wholemeal and plain flours with the water.
- Spread the mixture into the shallow baking tin, pressing it down lightly to ensure that it completely covers the bottom of the tin.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until lightly browned and remove from the oven.
- In the large mixing, or stand mixer bowl beat together the eggs, plain flour, vanilla extract and salt.
- Stir in the chopped pecan nuts.
- Spread the topping mixture over the base, making sure it completely covers the base mixture and has an even spreading of the pecan nuts.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown but not burnt.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly then cut the biscuit bars into 12 equal sizes and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
At only 163 calories each, just one of these is perfect as a little treat with your morning coffee or preferred beverage.
We should keep to a minimum anything that contains sugar, which is good advice, because it’s highly addictive! But the sugar in this is pretty minimal.
Catch you next time Folks!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.