Chorizo scallop and kale stir fry is a really easy quick healthy meal for two. The chorizo releases its delicious flavours in this stir fry giving a lovely smokey flavour throughout!
This chorizo scallop and kale stir fry is not only quick and easy but it’s stuffed full of nutritional goodness too.
If you loved my scallops with chilli and lime recipe then you are absolutely going to love this!
Sometimes my recipes are inspired when I have just no idea what to make and look in the fridge to see what leftovers I have.
This scallop stir fry came about as I wanted to make something fast and tasty. And without too much washing up!
A quick look in the fridge and I saw I had some leftover kale, a red pepper and a small piece of chorizo.
Then defrosting in the microwave of a packet of mini scallops I had in the freezer and voila this tasty recipe was born!
That’s the great thing about stir fry recipes, like this kale stir fry.
They’re so easy to put together.
In fact, there’s not just one great thing about stir fry recipes, there’s multiple!
Tips for How To Make This Chorizo Scallop And Kale Stir Fry
- You can substitute any of the vegetables for those you have available.
- Use any peppers. Yellow and green go just as well as red.
- If you don’t have kale available you could use bok choy or even baby spinach.
- Easily double up the quantities if you want to make this as a dinner for 4.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Stir Fry Recipes For You To Try
- Stir fried scallops with whole wheat noodles. This delicious easy healthy dish is ready to eat in less than half an hour and using frozen scallops keeps the costs as low as possible too!
- Easy sweet and sour chicken is a delicious meal for two. This 30-minute recipe proves you can make healthy takeaway dishes at home and for less cost too!
- Stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas is a recipe you’ll just love. It’s healthy, low carb and quick and easy to prepare too. A perfect weeknight dinner!
Chorizo Scallop and Kale Stir Fry Recipe
Not only is this chorizo scallop and kale stir fry absolutely delicious but it’s a healthy stir fry too.
Eating kale can help lower cholesterol, which may reduce the risk of heart disease.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chorizo Scallop and Kale Stir Fry
- 50 g chorizo skinned and chopped finely
- 200 g scallops small ones or if large quarter them
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove chopped finely
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 200 g shredded curly kale stalks removed
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
- Put wok on a gentle heat.
- Add the chorizo and stir continuously for about 3 to 4 minutes so that the chorizo releases its oils..
- Once the oil from the chorizo is visible in the wok, and slightly smoking remove the chorizo pieces with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Turn up the heat a little and add the scallops. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Once cooked through remove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and once that's smoking add the garlic, sliced onion and pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the shredded curly kale in batches and stir fry until softened and cooked.
- Once the curly kale is cooked to your liking turn off the heat and add back the, chorizo and scallops. Stir until warmed through.
- Divide between two serving bowls and garnish with the chopped coriander.