Mini bruschetta with cherry tomatoes and basil makes for a quick, delicious and easy to make starter, lunch or snack. This is a brilliant cheap and healthy traditional recipe that you’ll just love!
Hey folks, you will find plenty of recipes similar to this mini bruschetta with cherry tomatoes and basil on the Internet.
I’ve been through quite a few of them.
Some are great, but I found some to be overly laden with olive oil which I felt spoiled the authentic taste.
When you overload the traditional recipe with olive oil, that’s all you can taste!
I believe that some recipes should be kept as simple as possible just as it would be in Italy. With just a splash of good quality olive oil.
Mini bruschetta with cherry tomatoes and basil is the perfect quick healthy meal when you want something simple and good.
It’s an excellent dish which requires very little thought at all.
It’s often Lynne and I’s go-to dish if we’re too busy too cook or to put any effort into anything else!
Just double the quantities in the recipe to make it go round a family of 4.
Mini Bruschetta With Cherry Tomatoes And Basil
- 20 cherry tomatoes or 3 medium sized ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- olive oil extra virgin
- 6 leaves basil, finely torn
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 10 slices ciabatta
- 1 clove garlic
- Place the finely chopped tomatoes into a bowl with just a splash of olive oil and the finely torn basil, then season with a little salt and pepper and mix together well. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Brush a very small amount of extra virgin olive oil on both sides of each of the 10 slices of ciabatta.
- Place the ciabatta slices under a medium heat grill and grill each side until lightly browned watching that they do not burn.
- Remove the slices from under the grill and rub a garlic clove over one side of each slice, then top that side with some of the cherry tomato and basil mixture and serve.
You can’t beat a simple recipe with simple ingredients, like this.
It’s just rustic wouldn’t you say? 🙂
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.