Mini bruschetta with cherry tomatoes and basil makes for a quick, delicious and easy to make starter, lunch or snack. This is a brilliant cheap and healthy traditional recipe that you’ll just love!
Hey folks, you will find plenty of recipes similar to this mini bruschetta with cherry tomatoes and basil on the Internet.
I’ve been through quite a few of them.
Some are great, but I’ve found some to be overly laden with olive oil which can spoil the authentic taste.
Ideally your bruschetta bread should be light and crisp, covered in fresh tomatoes, full of flavor. Your bruschetta should not be soggy and flavourless!
When you overload the traditional recipe with olive oil, that’s all you can taste!
I believe that some recipes should be kept as simple as possible just as it would be in Italy.
With just a splash of good quality olive oil.
So follow this mini bruschetta recipe to make the best bruschetta you’ve ever tasted!
Mini bruschetta with cherry tomatoes and basil is the perfect quick healthy snack or lunch.
It’s a perfect starter too for summer BBQ’s.
In fact during the summertime there’s a plentiful source of ripe tomatoes which are essential to making great bruschetta!
Tips For How To Make Mini Bruschetta With Cherry Tomatoes And Basil
- Use ripe tomatoes to get the best flavours from your bruschetta. I used cherry tomatoes but you can use any kind and a few yellow cherry tomatoes if you wanted to as well!
- If you have any spring onions or white onion to use you could also add a little of those to your tomato topping. This would add a lovely light crunch and tangy flavour.
- Only use fresh basil leaves. Do not use basil powder it will not work.
- Use only a fresh garlic clove too. Cut it in half and use the cut side to rub over your toasted ciabatta slice.
- If you can’t get ciabatta (which is best) then use thin slices of a crusty baguette instead.
- A good quality extra virgin olive oil is best too. Rather than an olive oil designed for just cooking with.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Quick Healthy Lunch Recipes You Might Also Like
- Pesto pizza with cherry tomato and basil salad makes for a delicious change from a normal pizza. It’s a quick to make cheats pizza ideal for when you’re short on time!
- Borlotti bean and tuna salad is made in just 15 minutes. It’s enough to feed a family of 4 and it’s packed with healthy goodness. This tasty recipe makes for an excellent quick healthy meal, ideal as a lunch or dinner option!
- Feta and lemon quinoa salad is a deliciously fresh tasting gluten free vegetarian healthy lunch option. The classic Mediterranean flavours, brought to life with a zingy lemon vinaigrette.
Mini Bruschetta With Cherry Tomatoes And Basil Recipe
Bruschetta is one of my favourite go-to dishes if I’m too busy to cook or to put any effort into anything else!
Just double the quantities in the recipe to make it go round a family of 4.
For an extra special finish why not finish your bruschetta off with a light drizzle of balsamic vinegar?
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Mini Bruschetta With Cherry Tomatoes And Basil
- 20 cherry tomatoes or 3 medium sized ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- olive oil extra virgin
- 6 leaves basil, finely torn
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 10 slices ciabatta
- 1 clove garlic
- Place the finely chopped tomatoes into a bowl with just a splash of olive oil and the finely torn basil, then season with a little salt and pepper and mix together well. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Brush a very small amount of extra virgin olive oil on both sides of each of the 10 slices of ciabatta.
- Place the ciabatta slices under a medium heat grill and grill each side until lightly browned watching that they do not burn.
- Remove the slices from under the grill and rub a garlic clove over one side of each slice, then top that side with some of the cherry tomato and basil mixture and serve.