Red pepper and spinach frittata is a delicious and easy quick healthy meal. Serve this vegetarian dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The choice is yours!
Folks, I don't think I know anyone who doesn't love a good frittata. Do you?
I love how easy they are to make.
Plus you can add different ingredients and completely change the flavour.
So you could easily do that with this red pepper and spinach frittata and make it your own!
Just by changing the type of cheese you use (I've suggested mozzarella or cheddar in the recipe below) or using any leftover vegetables you've got a hearty and filling low carb recipe!
It's perfect for Meatless Monday, too.
Now I love to cook but sometimes even I am too tired and uninspired and don't feeling like cooking at all.
So this easy red pepper and spinach frittata take the stress out of making a meal and leaves both my other half and myself feeling content, happy and well fed!
I've already said that this frittata makes a great breakfast but it's also perfect for dinner too.
If I’m serving it for dinner I like to add a salad. A simple green salad of lettuce, spinach, or rocket with chopped spring onions and some slices of cucumber is perfect.
Plus frittatas are just perfect for picnics.
Indeed if we get a summer here it is my full intention to enjoy delicious slices of cold frittata for lunch!
I mean it's supposed to be warmer here now.
You wouldn't have thought so when we came home from The Cumbria Way a couple of weeks ago.
We just missed the snowfall by one day! It was so cold coming back to Glasgow I put the heating on as soon I as got in!
4 Simple Steps To Make This Red Pepper and Spinach Frittata
- Sauté the onion, red pepper and spinach.
- Add the eggs to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes
- Place the pan under a pre-heated grill to complete the cooking
- Rest the frittata for a couple of minutes and then serve
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
My Other Popular Frittata Recipes You Might Also Like
- Serve courgette and sundried tomato frittata for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s delicious, quick, healthy and easy to make. The perfect choice for when time is limited.
- Kale and pepper frittata is not only really tasty but it’s simple to make, packed with protein and full of healthy nutritional ingredients too!
- Broccoli and feta cheese frittata is a delicious brunch or dinner. Packed with vegetables it's a perfect quick healthy meal to make!
Red Pepper and Spinach Frittata Recipe
This particular frittata only takes 25 minutes to make. If you're having this for dinner you can easily assemble a side salad while it's resting for a couple of minutes at the end of the cooking.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Red Pepper and Spinach Frittata Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 6 eggs
- 50 g lower fat grated cheese mozzarella / cheddar
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 60 g Baby Spinach
- In a glass pyrex bowl whisk the eggs, cheese and marjoram together, season with the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven proof frying pan / skillet and over a medium heat sauté the onion and red pepper until softened for about 6 minutes.
- Add the spinach and sauté until wilted for about a further 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and continue cooking on the stove for about 5 minutes.
- Place the pan under a preheated grill and grill until the top is lightly browned and the eggs are set, about 2 minutes. Watching that it doesn't burn.
- Let the frittata rest for 2 minutes before serving.