Quick and easy black bean burgers are perfect for cooking in a pan or on your BBQ. No matter what the weather or if you’re short on time, these delicious budget vegan burgers are the business!
These quick and easy black bean burgers are just that. Quick and easy. Fuss free.
I made them that way because I love burgers as much as the next person but I don’t have hours of time to spend putting together black bean burgers with pages of ingredients involved.
I’m thinking you’re nodding your head too at this point aren’t you, folks?
Well read on as I think that you’re just going to love these quick healthy burgers!
What you’ve got here is an amazingly easy tasty black bean burgers recipe that makes 4 delicious burgers with the very minimum of effort.
Enough to feed a family of 4.
Basic store cupboard ingredients.
Made in just over half an hour.
So where did the inspiration for this recipe come from?
Well, with just one more post on our recent trip to Hawaii and San Francisco to come next Tuesday, the visit to Alcatraz, I thought I’d start re-creating some of our favourite holiday eats to share with you folks.
Lady Lynne had black bean burgers for dinner one night whilst we were staying at the Travaasa Hana, in their Ranch Restaurant.
I had a pulled pork sandwich, something I rarely have at home as Lynne doesn’t eat pork, it was delicious. However, when I had a taste of Lynne’s burger I knew I had to try and recreate it so it could be something we could all enjoy!
Being honest folks I’ve had quite a few attempts over the last few weeks to get this recipe right.
Initially I made them too complex, then I made them to soggy, then I made them too spicy. You get the issues I was having? 😆
Finally I reminded myself, “less is more”. So I stripped the ingredients right back to the bare minimum and these quick and easy black bean burgers were born.
They taste exactly like those Lynne had at the Travaasa Hana with no sacrifice on flavour!
Not only that, they are much more healthy.
When I told a work colleague I was making these, she asked, “are black bean burgers good for you”. So I’m going to answer that question right here.
Are Black Bean Burgers Good For You?
Yes these are.
Here’s why these black bean burgers are good for you :-
- Low calorie
- Low fat
- Zero cholesterol
- Low sodium
- Low carb
- High in dietary fiber
- Source of non-meat protein.
- A good source of vitamins and minerals
So, these black bean burgers make for a fantastic meat substitute burger.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Meat Substitute Burger Recipes You Might Also Like
- These chickpea burgers are extremely easy to make, filling, high in fibre and low in fat! Everybody loves burgers, and these vegetarian burgers can be just as tasty as meat ones!
- How to make homemade Quorn burgers. These tasty homemade Quorn burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
- Delicious spicy lentil burgers are not only packed full of taste but they’re low calorie and low fat too. Vegetarian and easy to make, they won’t cost you much either!
- Quick healthy kidney bean burgers that are easy to make and made with only 6 ingredients. They’re meat free, gluten free, low calorie and delicious too!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
So folks, just one last thing to say about these burgers before I get on to write up the Alcatraz post and wish you a good weekend.
I mentioned above that these quick and easy black bean burgers were versatile enough to be cooked in a pan or on your BBQ.
How do I know?
Well, these were photographed during a thunder storm. So had to be cooked in the pan!!
Catch you next week. 🙂
Quick And Easy Black Bean Burgers Recipe
These black bean burgers can be frozen after cooking and easily re-heated in the oven.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Quick And Easy Black Bean Burgers
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
For The Guacamole: -
- 1 avocado , stoned, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt to season
For The Black Bean Burgers: -
- 1 small red onion , finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 400 g can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp jalapenos , chopped (from a jar)
- 50 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp coriander , freshly chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice , freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Burger Buns
For the Guacamole: -
- Mash the chopped avocado in a bowl with the lime juice and season to taste. Cover and place in the fridge.
For The Black Bean Burgers: -
- Place all the burger ingredients (everything except olive oil and burger buns) into a food processor and pulse into a rough mixture then season with a little salt and pepper.
- Form 4 burger patties with the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side until cooked.
- Place each burger onto the burger buns and top with the guacamole.
- Serve with some sweet potato fries and a side salad.