Easy baked chicken kiev is a delicious recipe for home-made chicken kievs. These are so much healthier than shop bought and are ready in just over an hour.
These homemade baked chicken kiev are great for a busy weeknight.
They’re healthier than shop bought too.
I’ve used less butter and also wholemeal breadcrumbs instead of white ones.
That means they have less saturated fat but still have a delicious golden crunchy coating.
These easy baked chicken kievs are full of flavour.
And even though less butter is used, there’s still enough to ooze out of the chicken whilst cooking. So you’re not missing anything.
The difference here being is that your plate isn’t swimming in the stuff. Nope, there’s just enough to give it its authenticness!
Baked Chicken Kiev v Shop Bought Chicken Kiev
I remember when I was younger that chicken kievs for our family were always a favourite.
They proved to be a really quick and easy dish that my brother and I could easily shove in the oven whilst our mum and dad were out working late.
That would be dinner sorted out for us both without my mum having to come home tired and have to prepare something for us.
Those chicken kievs were shop bought ones for convenience.
Now that I can, I prefer to make my own.
This easy baked chicken kiev recipe shows you how I make them for Lady Lynne and myself.
Just double up the recipe if you are making for a family of 4!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Oven Baked Chicken Recipes You Might Also Like
- Oven baked lime chicken is a super easy 5 ingredient foil baked chicken recipe. This 30 minute delicious baked moist chicken recipe is a perfect weeknight quick healthy meal!
- Oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken is an easy 30 minutes foil baked chicken recipe which takes very little effort to make. There’s just 5 ingredients and 5 steps to having this quick healthy meal on the dinner table.
- Cajun spiced oven baked chicken is an easy low cost lean and tasty quick healthy meal. This time-saving recipe makes for an excellent lunch or dinner.
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
So it’s currently Sunday morning and I’m writing this from our fantastic room in the Crown and Mitre in Carlisle.
Lady Lynne and I did the full last part of the Hadrian’s Wall walk from Carlisle to Bowness on Solway yesterday. By the time you read this I’ll be editing those photos for publishing on Thursday.
It was a fantastic 13 mile walk that we completed in just under 5 hours with a pint at the end! 🙂
The weather provided a cool light breeze which still meant wearing a fleece jacket was necessary during some of the more exposed parts of the walk such as along the shore.
But in the more sheltered and warmer forests and fields of stunning English countryside we were able to actually walk bare armed in the sunshine.
Anyway I’ll give you the full low down on Thursday and I hope you folks had an equally excellent weekend too!
Easy Baked Chicken Kiev Recipe
Serve your chicken kievs with some baked potato fries and an iceberg lettuce salad.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 2 chicken breasts approx. 150g each, skinless.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 egg beaten
- Wholemeal breadcrumbs approx. 50g – but depends on the size of your chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Gently melt the butter and garlic together in a small saucepan, add the parsley and pop into your freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to harden slightly.
- Slit the chicken breasts from the side with a sharp knife to create a pocket (but not all the way along) and divide the slightly hardened parsley butter mixture in half and fill each chicken breast pocket with the mixture.
- Coat the chicken breast in egg wash, then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Cling film each chicken breast and pop into the fridge for 20 minutes to rest.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C (fan) and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Remove cling film from chicken and brown each side in the pan. About 3 minutes each side.
- Then transfer the chicken breasts to the baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.
- When ready transfer to serving plates and pour any of the melted butter from the tray over the top.
- Delicious served with sweet potato fries and/or a fresh iceberg lettuce salad.