This easy pasta arrabiata recipe is a simple quick healthy meal for four made in less than half an hour. When you’re short on time, but still want those classic Mediterranean flavours, this delicious dish will satisfy all those needs with minimal fuss and effort.
I recently received a fantastic free sample box of tomato products from Cirio and today I’ve used their chopped tomatoes to create this easy pasta arrabiata recipe.
The chopped tomatoes from Cirio were of such good quality. I found them thick in consistency and rich in flavour.
If you’re going to make something as simple as this easy pasta arrabiata recipe, then I would recommend making it with really good quality tinned chopped tomatoes, like the ones from Cirio.
Why I Think You’ll Love This Easy Pasta Arrabiata Recipe
Making this recipe is really satisfying. Watching the arrabiata sauce simmer down, at the same time as you’re checking on the pasta to get it to an al dente consistency, your kitchen is filled with delicious onion, tomato and garlic aromas just like in a real Italian kitchen!
Now, Lady Lynne loves her pasta arrabiata. It’s always the thing she tends to go for when we’re out having dinner at an Italian restaurant. She thinks this easy pasta arrabiata recipe is restaurant quality.
And so, the reason why I think you’ll love this easy pasta arrabiata recipe?
Well, if Lady Lynne thinks this is restaurant quality, then who am I to complain? She’s the expert when it comes to pasta arrabiata!
- 1 tin 400g chopped tomatoes
- Handful of fresh basil leaves about 5g worth
- 400 g whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder optional
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Empty the chopped tomatoes and the basil leaves into a blender / food processor and blitz until relatively smooth.
- Place the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water and cook as per the packet instructions, then drain. While the pasta is cooking continue to make the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and stir in the chilli powder. Gently simmer the sauce for about 10 – 15 minutes until it has thickened to a desired consistency.
Season to taste.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and combine well.
- Divide the pasta Arrabiata between bowls and serve garnished with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a fresh green salad of lettuce, cucumber and spring onions.
If you want to see what else I’ve used Cirio tomatoes for then please check out my baked cod with caper mash recipe, where I recently updated the photographs, or better still, subscribe for future recipes!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
I’m linking up today with Amanda and thinking out loud please be sure to check out other amazing blogs and recipes there!