Easy mixed vegetable curry is a delicious and healthy vegan curry. It’s perfect as a quick week night dinner or could even be served as a main course side!
Folks, if you’re trying to start the New Year off with eating plenty more vegetables, then look no further than this tasty easy mixed vegetable curry!
This vegetable curry is incredibly simple to make and won’t cost you much either.
Not only that it’ll suit practically any diet.
So if you struggle with what to make when entertaining those of your friends who have particular dietary requirements, why not have this?
Vegan, gluten-free or dairy-free you can serve this excellent meal up to suit all!
In this mixed vegetable curry the vegetables simmer away in a lightly spiced tomato sauce.
Those vegetables release all their own delicious flavours and juices into that sauce giving it a more natural flavour.
No artificial flavours are added here unlike shop bought varities!
It shouldn’t be necessary to add any more water to your pan other than the recipe states, unless absolutely necessary.
You want that lovely tomato sauce to thicken up and not be too liquid.
Also, make your vegetable curry it in a large non-stick saucepan if you can to avoid any possibility of the vegetables becoming burnt.
Then simply serve on some basmati rice or with some home-made naan bread.
Tips For How To Make Easy Mixed Vegetable Curry
- This curry is great for using up most leftover vegetables. If the vegetables you want to use up are hard ones make sure you chop them up small or they will take longer to cook.
- Reduce the amount of curry powder if you want to make this curry less spicy.
- Any leftovers of this veggie curry can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Just re-heat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.
- Can you freeze vegetable curry? Absolutely! Just allow the curry to cool then portion any leftovers into containers and freeze!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Vegetable Curry Recipes You Might Also Like
- One pot sweet potato and chickpea curry is a fantastic quick healthy budget recipe to make. Delicious and full flavoured this filling vegan curry is perfect for freezing too!
- Aubergine and sweet potato curry is a simple and deliciously healthy vegan curry. An all in one pot hearty family meal ready in just one hour!
- Vegan mixed bean curry is an easy 40 minute one pan healthy budget bean curry recipe. It goes perfectly with rice or naan bread!
Coming Next Time on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, Lady Lynne and I are taking a wee break.
So there will be no recipe post next week but we’ll be back the week after with a delicious and easy to make Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake!
Hope you can join us then!
Easy Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe
Enjoy this easy mixed vegetable curry! And let me know what other kinds of vegetables you could substitute for the ones I’ve used?
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Mixed Vegetable Curry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube crumbled
- 220 g cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 potato cubed
- 1 carrot sliced
- 60 g spinach
- 350 ml water
- Freshly grated salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Gently heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat sauté the onion for 4 – 5 minutes until soft. Once soft stir in the ginger and garlic paste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, tomato purée and stir then in well then add the tomatoes, stock cube, vegetables and water. Stir well. Bring to the boil and turn down to simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Season to taste and serve garnished with the coriander.