Easy mixed vegetable curry is a delicious and healthy vegan curry. It's perfect as a quick week night dinner or could even be served as a main course side!
Folks, if you're trying to start the New Year off with eating plenty more vegetables, then look no further than this tasty easy mixed vegetable curry!
This vegetable curry is incredibly simple to make and won't cost you much either.
Not only that it'll suit practically any diet.
So if you struggle with what to make when entertaining those of your friends who have particular dietary requirements, why not have this?
Vegan, gluten-free or dairy-free you can serve this delicious recipe to suit all!
In this mixed vegetable curry the vegetables simmer away in a lightly spiced tomato sauce.
Those vegetables release all their own delicious flavours and juices into that sauce giving it a more natural flavour.
No artificial flavours are added here unlike shop bought varities!
This is a very easy and flexible recipe that only requires simple and basic ingredients.
A recipe that any curry lover will definately want to add to their list of vegan Indian curries!
It shouldn't be necessary to add any more water to your pan other than the recipe states, unless absolutely necessary.
You want that lovely tomato sauce to thicken up and not be too liquid.
Also, make your vegetable curry it in a large non-stick saucepan if you can to avoid any possibility of the vegetables becoming burnt.
Then simply serve on some basmati rice or with some home-made naan bread.
This is a quick and easy mixed veg curry recipe using simple ingredients that’s perfect as a healthy weeknight dinner or simple restaurant style vegetable side dish.
If you're looking for more vegan curry recipes why not check out the list below?
- Vegetable Oil
- Garlic and Ginger Paste
- Medium Curry Powder
- Tomato Puree
- Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- Vegetable Stock Cube
- Salt & Pepper
- Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves (Cilantro)
See recipe card for quantities.
- Vegetable Oil - olive oil or canola oil would also be suitable.
- Garlic and Ginger Paste - you could use fresh if you want.
- Medium Curry Powder - A good quality Indian curry powder or a spice mix of your choice.
- Tomato Puree - or tomato paste.
- Tin Chopped Tomatoes - or fresh tomatoes.
- Vegetable Stock Cube - to keep it vegan use a good quality vegetable stock cube.
- Cauliflower - you could use different vegetables
- Potato - I recommend using a baking potato so it retains its "bite". Or you could use a butternut squash instead.
- Carrot - you could use different vegetables
- Spinach - you could use different vegetables
- Salt & Pepper - freshly grated sea salt and black peppercorns are best for flavour.
- Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves - optional
Tips For How To Make Easy Mixed Vegetable Curry
- Leftover vegetables? This curry is great for using up most leftover vegetables. If the mixed vegetables you want to use up are hard ones make sure you chop them up small or they will take longer to cook.
- Less spicy mixed curry? Reduce the amount of curry powder if you want to make this curry less spicy.
- How to store? Any leftovers of this veggie curry can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- How to re-heat? Just re-heat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.
- Can you freeze vegetable curry? Absolutely! Just allow the curry to cool then portion any leftovers into containers and freeze!
- What to serve with mixed vegetable curry? This curry can be served with rice or bread. Naan, parath or roti are great.
- What other veggies for this mixed vegetable curry dish can I use? I've used cauliflower, potato, carrot and spinach but you could also add or use green beans, green peas, baby corn or even a bell pepper the choice is yours.
- Is this curry gluten-free? Yes it is.
- How to make the sauce more rich? Stir a little lite coconut milk in at the end to give it a rich and creamy taste.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
More Vegan Curry Recipes
- One pot sweet potato and chickpea curry is a fantastic quick healthy budget recipe to make. Delicious and full flavoured this filling vegan curry is perfect for freezing too!
- Aubergine and sweet potato curry is a simple and deliciously healthy vegan curry. An all in one pot hearty family meal ready in just one hour!
- Vegan mixed bean curry is an easy 40 minute one pan healthy budget bean curry recipe. It goes perfectly with rice or naan bread!
Easy Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon medium curry powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube crumbled
- 220 g cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 potato peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- 60 g spinach
- 350 ml water
- Freshly grated salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Gently heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat sauté the onion for 4 – 5 minutes until soft. Once soft stir in the ginger and garlic paste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, tomato purée and stir then in well then add the tomatoes, stock cube, vegetables and water. Stir well. Bring to the boil and turn down to simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Season to taste and serve garnished with the coriander.
Nutritional information provided below is calculated using paid for online tools and the exact ingredients and quantities used above.
Rate The Recipe
If you’ve made this easy mixed vegetable curry recipe, or any other recipes on Neil's Healthy Meals, then please let me know.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂