Orange mango green smoothie is only 185 calories per serving. It’s delicious refreshing and dairy free. With added spinach and a whopping vitamin C content this is a great way to start your day!
An orange mango green smoothie.
What else could be so appealing and healthy looking to kick start your day the right way?
It’s so low in calories, that it’s an ideal smoothie you can drink alongside your porridge with blueberries and almonds. It’ll compliment that bowl of nutrition without an additional calorie overload!
Just compare the calories in my orange mango green smoothie to those of a shop bought one. You’ll see the difference!
When you compare this mango and orange smoothie to that shop bought one, also look at their ingredients. I can pretty much guarantee there will be some you’ll question.
Sugar? Syrup? Preservatives? Flavourings?
Yep, well we’ve none of these here. In fact, if you miss out the optional 2 ingredients, you’ll need just 4 ingredients to make this. Plus it’ll take you literally minutes.
The refreshing combination of the combined mango and orange juice and the added goodness from the spinach and the celery make this a perfect addition to your smoothie list.
And have you checked out my other equally delicious nutritious smoothies yet?
But Why is this Orange Mango Green Smoothie More for Less?
So, remember what I said when I signed off to you in the feta and lemon quinoa recipe? “Less is more“?
Take this recipe. You’ve basically got 4 ingredients (less than any shop bought equivalent I could find) giving you this vitamin C boosting low calorie orange mango green smoothie.
And the cost? This was less than £2 to make.
An equivalent shop bought green smoothie in a local store is £3 so that would have been £6 for both my other half and I. I saved us £4!
Making this smoothie from scratch and paying less gave me more. It gave me more money in my pocket and it also gave me a huge vitamin C boost from a less calorific smoothie than I could find in a store .
Here, the 80/20 rule is about getting more from less.
It works in all manners of life. Health, wealth and happiness.
It’s a rule to keep in your head. How can I get more from less?
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Smoothie Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is a deliciously creamy, smooth and naturally sweet breakfast smoothie. Its made with only 4 ingredients and no actual cream!
- This raspberry and pear smoothie is packed full of protein, calcium and potassium and it’s really low in calories too. It’s just a perfectly healthy start to your day!
- Zingy lemon smoothie is the perfect smoothie for a warm day. Quick and easy to make and made with minimal ingredients, you’ll soon be cooling down with this delicious iced lemon smoothie!
Orange Mango Green Smoothie Recipe
You can subsitute the spinach with kale but you will get an earthier taste. Personally, I prefer spinach in my smoothies as you can’t really can’t taste it!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Orange Mango Green Smoothie
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 300 ml smooth orange juice
- 350 g chopped fresh mango
- 35 g chopped baby spinach
- 65 g chopped celery
- 2 tsp runny honey optional sweetener
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice optional for sharpness
- Put the first four ingredients into your blender and blend into a smooth juice.
- If required add the optional honey and / or lemon juice ingredients to personal taste.