Healthy banana pudding is an easy five ingredient alternative to the original recipe. This dessert recipe is made with semolina and is absolutely delicious!
With everything going on at the moment, we're all about feel good foods here and this healthy banana pudding recipe fits that requirement perfectly.
This dessert recipe is similar to my popular semolina breakfast porridge and is an easy to make alternative to the traditional banana pudding which is usually made with cream and sugar.
My healthier version does not use cream or sugar. It is so easy to make and requires just 5 minutes of prep and 5 minutes of cooking so it can be easily served fresh at the end of dinner.
It does need to be served relatively fresh so don't let the slight "greyness" of my photographs put you off!
When cooked and served straight away the colour is a bright yellow banana colour as it should be.
When you're faffing about doing photographs and getting the angles, lighting and styling right it can take a couple of hours and in that time unfortunately that brightness (but not the taste) can fade away.
Update! If you're looking for another banana pudding recipe to make to use up ripe bananas then check out my easy banana pudding recipe!
This banana pudding doesn't contain any artifical ingredients like the sort of convenience puddings and desserts you might find in your supermarket.
It's a great recipe for kids, and one that they could easily be involved in making too.
After all there's nothing better than home made is there?
To make this recipe all you need to do is to put the milk, mashed bananas and semolina flour into a saucepan.
You could easily have that done and ready to heat up straight after you've had dinner!
Then all you need to do is to heat the saucepan gently, stir the mixture until its thickenned then remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence and yogurt.
As I mentioned above it's best served immediately and warm, topped with some sliced bananas. You can cool it if you prefer it cold though but I wouldn't recommend it for any more than about an hour in your fridge.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Healthier Pudding Recipes You Might Also Like
- Strawberry vanilla pudding is a tasty no bake quick and easy pudding. Just 10 minutes to make and a couple of hours to set in the fridge and that’s dessert sorted!
- Baked vanilla ricotta pudding is a deliciously creamy and easy to make dessert recipe. With just 5 ingredients it’s naturally sweetened and takes hardly any time too!
- Semolina chocolate pudding. Low fat, low carb and only 233 calories per serving. You won’t believe that when you taste it, as it’s just so utterly decadent and chocolatey! Great if you’re watching your waistline!
Healthy Banana Pudding Recipe
You'll love this cream free alternative healthy banana pudding.
At only 140 calories per serving its half the amount of calories of a traditional banana pudding dessert and its nutritious too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Healthy Banana Pudding Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 125 ml skimmed milk
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 60 g fine semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 ml 0% fat yogurt
- Sliced bananas for decoration
- Put the milk, mashed bananas, and semolina flour together into a saucepan.
- Heat the contents of the saucepan gently, stirring continuously until thickened and to avoid any lumps.
- When the liquid has thickened remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence and yogurt until also thickened.
- Divide the contents of the pan between four ramekins. You can serve warm or refrigerate for about an hour to cool.
- Decorate with the sliced bananas and serve.