Tuna linguine is a delicious quick and easy weeknight meal. This canned tuna recipe makes for the perfect budget family meal to fill everyone up!
Folks, if you're looking for what to have for dinner tonight that will take the minimum amount of effort then look no further than this tuna linguine recipe.
This easy canned tuna pasta dinner uses just a handful of store cupboard ingredients and can be on the table in only 20 minutes.
Not only is this dish quick and easy but it's absolutely delicious and filling too.
There will be absolute silence at your dinner table as this tasty meal is devoured.
Just like my tuna tomato pasta this recipe is one I turn to frequently when I don't have the time or willpower to spend too long in the kitchen cooking!
This tuna linguine is relatively healthy too as long as you don't go overboard on the pasta.
I like to serve mine with either a couple of slices of garlic bread or a green side salad.
The flavours are amazing with a light lemony tuna taste.
You can also change up this recipe to suit your own tastes like adding some more garlic or extra chilli flakes if you wanted a bit more heat.
I usually always have a couple of cans of tuna in kitchen cupboard as well as a selection of different kinds of pasta's.
You never know what life or indeed the world is going to throw at you these days, do you?
So it makes sense to have basic ingredients like these in the kitchen that can be quickly and easily thrown together to make some great food.
Why not check out my other tuna pasta dishes below as examples of other delicious staples that you can easily make with these ingredients?
How to Make This Tuna Linguine In 5 Easy Steps
- Get your linguine cooking according to the packet instructions. Don't drain all the water once cooked though.
- Whilst your linguine is cooking heat the oil in a large pan, add the garlic and chilli, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the drained tuna, lemon juice and parsley. Allow to heat through. Season to taste.
- Add the drained cooked pasta to the pan, toss together and add a little pasta cooking water if sauce too thick.
- Serve topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin & YouTube.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Tuna Pasta Recipes You Might Also Like
- Tuna pasta and sweetcorn salad makes for a perfect quick healthy meal. Made with a low calorie dressing and packed with delicious fresh salad ingredients its also great as a packed lunch option too.
- Tuna macaroni bake. This is a simple, tasty and low cost family dish for four. A perfect weeknight quick healthy meal served with a simple side salad.
- Quick tuna macaroni salad is a twist on the classic family favourite. Easy to make and made with healthy veggies this is a lower calorie, lower fat version too!
Tuna Linguine Recipe
If you can't get linguine pasta then you could easily use spaghetti instead. Or try any other type of pasta you may have to hand?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Tuna Linguine Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 250 g linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed.
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 145 g can of tuna in spring water drained.
- ½ lemon squeezed.
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley chopped.
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Cook the linguine according to the packet instructions. Reserve 3 - 4 tablespoon of the pasta cooking water then drain.
- Gently heat the oil in a large pan / skillet then add the garlic and chilli flakes stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Add the drained tuna, lemon juice and parsley. Stir well allowing to heat through then switch off the heat and season to taste.
- Stir the drained pasta into the tuna sauce adding a little of the reserved pasta water if sauce is too thick.
- Serve topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese and a couple of slices of garlic bread.
David @ Spiced
What a fun recipe Neil! We often keep tuna in the pantry, too, but I feel like 99% of the time it gets used for tuna salad sandwiches. While those sandwiches are delicious, I really appreciate the idea of mixing it up and using that tuna in a pasta recipe. This sounds like an easy weeknight meal!
Thanks David. Yes I do enjoy tuna salad sandwiches too. In fact I often take them to work. But you can make a can of tuna go so much further with this dish don't you think? 🙂
I love this! Definitely good if you’re on a budget, but also really good! I make this kind of dish when we’ve just returned from a trip, except that I wouldn’t have fresh parsley! Great recipe!
Exactly. This is perfect for when you get back from somewhere and haven't had a chance to get any shopping in. Thanks Mimi!
My daughter will certainly love this meal! 🙂
Hope she enjoys it. Thanks! 🙂
Ben | Havocinthekitchen
Canned tuna is one of my favourite options when it comes to a quick yet delicious meal. I love using it in salads, dips, flatbread, and pasta. This recipe is lovely - just a little touch of garlic, chili flakes, and lemon do elevate a simple dish to something elegant!
Totally agree with you Ben. Canned tuna is perfect for so many options. It's minimum effort which I like best! Thanks for commenting and rating my recipe as always. Hope you are well! 🙂
We're loving tuna in everything these days, Neil, so this is a great addition to our range of tuna meals. Thanks for the inspiration!
You can never have enough tuna recipes can you Katerina? 🙂 Thanks!