Home-made muesli is often cheaper and much healthier than shop bought. This easy home-made muesli recipe contains no added artificial ingredients and makes 12 portions.
Folks, this home-made muesli recipe means there’s no need for you to ever buy muesli again!
I mean have you ever picked up one of the cereal boxes of shop bought muesli, or other equivalent breakfast cereals and looked at the list of ingredients?
More than likely they will contain added sugar, salt, sweetened dried fruits, vegetable oils and a whole list of other preservatives and additives.
There’s really no need!
You can make your own home-made muesli quite easily with just a little bit of effort.
Rather than the refined simple carbohydrates contained in a normal boxed cereal.
Not only that you can customise your own home-made muesli exactly how YOU like it.
But why not add your own favourite selection of chopped nuts?
And your own choice of fresh chopped fruit when you serve it?
One of the first things I did as I moved toward a healthier diet was to cut out shop bought processed foods.
Shop bought muesli became one of the first things to go once I learned to make my own homemade muesli.
Eating my own muesli as well as having a regular exercise routine and cooking the rest of my foods from scratch helped me lose overall 2 stones in weight!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Home-made Muesli Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy Bircher Muesli. This is my easy tasty version of the classic traditional overnight oats recipe. Give yourself a perfect relaxing and nutritious start to the day!
- Healthy apple and pear bircher muesli is a delicious easy to make ahead breakfast. Just soak the oats overnight in the fridge for a great start to your day!
- Quinoa bircher muesli with apple and banana is a delicious and healthy breakfast that’s made the night before making your morning stress free and easy.
Home-made Muesli Recipe
Next time you’re in the supermarket compare the ingredients of this, your own home-made muesli, to those on their shelves.
Which would you rather have? Those or one you have just made yourself? Why not say goodbye to shop bought cereals for ever!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 50 g flaked almonds
- 50 g hazelnuts halved
- 300 g porridge oats
- 200 g rye flakes
- 200 g barley flakes
- 100 g sultanas
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- Toast the flaked almonds and hazelnuts over a low heat in a small saucepan stirring constantly to watch the nuts do not burn. Once toasted remove to a separate bowl and allow to cool.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, mix well and then transfer to a 1kg sealed container.
- Serve with skimmed milk / no fat Greek yogurt and topped with a handful of fruits of your own choice. I also like to add a teaspoon of flaxseeds and a tablespoon of chai seeds to mine. Choice is yours though!