This roasted garlic onion potato soup is made from just 6 ingredients, it’s vegan and is a perfect way to use up surplus potatoes.
This roasted garlic onion potato soup is one of my ideal “what’s left in the kitchen cupboard” recipes, I think you’re going to love it!
It’s an easy, tasty variation of the classic potato soup recipe, adding a bit of a twist with the roasted garlic, and it all comes together as a bowl of simple, low cost nourishment!
It’s thick and creamy, but made without any cream, so that makes it fat free and low calorie. It’s a great bowl of goodness on a cold winters day!
If you liked this roasted garlic onion potato soup, you make equally love my Scottish leek and potato soup.
- Low calorie oil spray
- 6 - 8 garlic cloves skin left on
- 1 large onion diced
- 600 g potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (Fan)
- Make a parcel with tin foil and place the garlic cloves in it, spray them with a little oil spray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool a little so parcel can be handled.
- Spray the bottom of a large saucepan 5 times, turn the heat on high and when the oil starts to bubble turn the heat to a medium heat and add the diced onion. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once the garlic parcel is cool enough to handle remove the roasted garlic cloves from it and squeeze the soft cloves out of their skins adding to the sautéed diced onion.
- Add the chopped potatoes and vegetable stock to the saucepan.
- Cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until potatoes are soft and then turn off the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Blitz the mixture in a food processor, return to the pan and season to taste.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.
My last blog recipe update, kale and pepper frittata, ended with a note that “change is afoot” and I didn’t want to go into too much there, and I won’t bore you here with all the details now. I will just simply say that my blog schedule of posting 2 new recipes weekly, on Tuesday and Thursday may not always happen over the coming weeks as I am leaving my current employment on 28th November (I’m taking voluntary redundancy) and seeking a new opportunity. So I’m sure you’ll understand this will now take priority.
There are no hard feelings with leaving, I worked for an amazing company, and now it is the time to move on and to seek a new opportunity with new skills to learn and people to meet. 🙂
If I’m not able to post a recipe update, bare with me. I love doing my cooking and sharing me recipes with you, but it doesn’t pay the bills. Yet!
So, moving on to the weekend! Lynne and I hope that we can get out for a walk in The Lomond Hills on Saturday. These hills are situated in Fife and if you can see off them, then you get a fantastic view of the surrounding fife farming countryside and can even see as far as St. Andrews and Leven.
However I wouldn’t hold your breath 😮 (I won’t be). It’s hard to see further than my outstretched hand when I’m outside at the moment. Lol. 😉
Anyway, it would be good to practice my outdoor landscape photography and actually to get some good clean fresh Scottish air. Catch up with you all next week and have a fantastic weekend!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.