This roasted garlic onion potato soup is made from just 6 ingredients, it’s vegan and is a perfect way to use up surplus potatoes.
This roasted garlic onion potato soup is one of my ideal “what’s left in the kitchen cupboard” recipes.
As a healthy potato onion soup, I just know that you’re going to love it!
You see it’s an easy, tasty variation of the classic potato soup recipe.
Adding a bit of a twist with the roasted garlic!
And it all comes together as a bowl of simple, low cost nourishment!
Plus it’s thick and creamy, but made without any cream. That makes it fat free and low calorie.
It’s a great comforting bowl of goodness on a cold winters day!
And talking about cold winters’ day’s. If you liked this roasted garlic onion potato soup, you should try my Scottish leek and potato soup!
For This Garlic Onion And Potato Soup You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
The set includes 16, 18, 20 cm saucepans, 1 x 14 cm milk pan and 1 x 24 cm fry pan.
The pans are suitable for all hobs including induction.
They come with a 1-year guarantee which can be extended to a 10-year warranty when you register the product.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Soup Recipes You Might Also Like
- Potato and Spinach Soup is a tasty but budget friendly bowl of comforting goodness. Creamy tasting but not made with any cream so it’s lower calorie and lower fat too!
- Curried potato and kale soup is a delicious and nutritious budget soup. With a beautiful creamy texture and a hint of curry, this filling soup will not leave you still feeling hungry.
- Lentil and potato soup with crispy bacon is really easy to make. With just four ingredients you can have this recipe on the table in less than one hour!
Roasted Garlic Onion and Potato Soup Recipe
This roasted garlic onion and potato soup is a perfect way to use up surplus potatoes. It tastes delicious and creamy, but isn’t made from any cream!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Roasted Garlic Onion and Potato Soup
- Low calorie oil spray
- 6 garlic cloves garlic cloves skin left on
- 1 large onion diced
- 600 g potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 L vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (Fan)
- Make a parcel with tin foil and place the garlic cloves in it, spray them with a little oil spray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool a little so parcel can be handled.
- Spray the bottom of a large saucepan 5 times, turn the heat on high and when the oil starts to bubble turn the heat to a medium heat and add the diced onion. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once the garlic parcel is cool enough to handle remove the roasted garlic cloves from it and squeeze the soft cloves out of their skins adding to the sautéed diced onion.
- Add the chopped potatoes and vegetable stock to the saucepan.
- Cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until potatoes are soft and then turn off the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Blitz the mixture in a food processor, return to the pan and season to taste.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.