This easy healthy fish pie makes for an excellent weekday family dinner for 4 and can be on the table in just one hour. It’s packed full of protein and each tasty serving comes in at less than 400 calories!
Folks, I know that fish isn’t always cheap. But this delicious easy fish pie is a great way of making fish go a bit further!
It’s also perfect if you’re trying to get your kids to like fish.
The fish is hidden under the mash and there’s a portion of peas with each serving too!
They’ll never know what you’ve got lurking beneath that mash! 😉
For variety you could try substituting different types of fish, all of which are good sources of vitamins A and D, or maybe even try prawns too.
You could also change the mash topping to my other favourite mash toping, caper mash!
So, that’s why it’s easy fish pie. Because it’s easy to make and easy to swap the fish ingredients around to suite your taste and what’s available!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Fish Recipes You Might Also Like
- Quick healthy fish cakes are really easy to make and delicious too. At only 128 calories each, this healthy fish cakes recipe makes 8 fishcakes packed full of flavour.
- Oven baked salmon pesto is ready in just 30 minutes and comes with a creamy cauliflower mash too.
- Oven baked salmon with cream cheese and oat bran crust recipe makes for a super simple, delicious and protein packed, quick healthy meal that I know you’re just going to love.
This easy healthy fish pie makes for an excellent weekday family dinner for 4 and can be on the table in just one hour. It's packed full of protein and each tasty serving comes in at less than 400 calories!
Easy Fish Pie Recipe
This easy fish pie is great on its own but is also well complimented by serving it with extra green veggies such as broccoli or green beans. 🙂
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Fish Pie
- 700 g white potatoes suitable for mash e.g. Maris Pipers.
- 300 ml skimmed milk.
- 325 g fish pie mix*
- 2 tbsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water.
- 110 g frozen peas.
- 2 tbsp 0% fat yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 170C fan.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into small chunks, and cover them with cold water in a saucepan. Bring the saucepan to the boil, and then simmer the potatoes until soft (15 – 20mins).
- Put the milk and fish in a saucepan / poacher. Heat the milk and simmer the fish, covered for 8 – 10 minutes. Then remove the fish with a slotted spoon and set aside. Keep the fish liquid.
- Add the corn flour to the fish liquid and stir constantly with a wooden spatula over a low heat to make a sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce has thickened stir in the frozen peas and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of a shallow ovenproof baking dish with the poached fish and then pour over the fish sauce with the peas in.
- Drain the cooked potatoes, tip them back into their saucepan and mash together with the yogurt. Season to taste and spoon and smooth over the fish mixture in the dish.
- Bake for about 25 – 30 mins until lightly browned. Allow to rest for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.