Low fat summer chocolate pudding cake is a delicious and light butterless dessert. Topped with a layer of fresh raspberries it’s the perfect summer cake!
This low fat summer chocolate pudding cake can be enjoyed at any time of the year and not just summer!
Indeed if there’s any occasion or excuse to share delicious baked goods with family, friends or relatives, then why not take that opportunity to do it?
There’s nothing quite like home baking and this low fat pudding recipe proves that baked goods don’t always have to be hugely calorific!
When I first made this low fat pudding cake it came out really moist and tasty.
Not quite like an ordinary cake which would usually have a more crumbly texture.
So I topped it with just a little bit of cream it became the perfect pudding or dessert.
Meant to be a summer chocolate cake originally, I renamed it to be a summer chocolate pudding cake!
I love making these types of chocolate cakes with no butter. Of course they’re not calorie free, but certainly there’s a reduction!
Plus, because I removed the butter, I felt it was OK to indulge a little with a couple of tablespoons of the recommended single pouring cream. But equally you could use a little no fat Greek yogurt!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Chocolate Pudding Recipes You Might Also Like
- Chocolate chip and vanilla bread and butter pudding is just chocolate pudding heaven! It’s an easy bread and butter pudding recipe with an indulgent twist which makes a memorable dessert!
- Vegan semolina chocolate pudding. Low fat, low carb and only 233 calories per serving. You won’t believe that when you taste it, as it’s just so utterly decadent and chocolatey! Great if you’re watching your waistline!
Low Fat Summer Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Hope you like this tasty chocolate pudding as much as we do! Why not try topping it with other berries like strawberries too?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Low Fat Summer Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 large eating apple , peeled, cored and finely grated
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 50 g cocoa powder sifted
- 250 g raspberries to decorate cake
- 50 g icing sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Grease 20cm cake tin with a few sprays with the cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, whisk the 4 egg whites and salt to peaks.
- In a large bowl, hand whisk the 2 whole eggs, vanilla extract and caster sugar together until combined and the sugar has dissolved.
- With a plastic spatula gradually fold the apple, self-raising flour and cocoa powder into the sugar mixture.
- Gradually fold the egg white peaks into the sugar mixture, keeping the mixture as light and fluffy as possible.
- Carefully spoon the cake mixture into the greased cake tin.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes. Test the cake after 30 minutes with a skewer. If the skewer comes out clean then the cake is cooked.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the cake tin and cut it in half horizontally.
- Mash 100g of the raspberries with some icing sugar to make a kind of “jam”. Spread this mixture between the cake halves.
- Mix some of the icing sugar with water to make a weak icing and spread over the top of the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the remaining raspberries. Allow the icing to harden.