Low fat summer chocolate pudding cake is a delicious and light butterless dessert. Topped with sweet icing sugar and a layer of fresh raspberries it’s the perfect summer cake!
Of course this low fat summer chocolate pudding cake can be enjoyed at any time of the year and not just summer!
In fact, normally I’ll make a pudding of sorts every Sunday evening for Lady Lynne and I to go with our Sunday curry. And I love to make this chocolate pudding whatever the time of year!
If there’s any other occasion / excuse to share baked goods with family, friends or relatives then I love to take the opportunity to bake something.
As I’ve said before there’s nothing quite like home baking!
I made this cake for my work team at our weekly meeting.
It came out really moist and tasty, and a team member pointed out that actually, with a little bit of cream it would make an ideal pudding.
And they were right so instead of summer chocolate cake I renamed it!
I love making these types of cakes with no fat (butter/lard etc.). Of course they’re not calorie free, but certainly there’s a reduction if you had used butter / lard.
Plus, because I removed the fat, I felt it was OK to indulge a little with a couple of tablespoons of the recommended single pouring cream. But equally you could use a little no fat Greek yogurt.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Chocolate Dessert Recipes You Might Also Like
- No bake chocolate orange cheesecake. Smooth and luxurious; delicious and indulgent but remarkably simple to make. Perfect for Christmas or dinner parties!
- Vegan semolina chocolate pudding. Low fat, low carb and only 233 calories per serving. You won’t believe that when you taste it, as it’s just so utterly decadent and chocolatey! Great if you’re watching your waistline!
- This peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake is a piece of heaven. Indulgent, sweet and creamy. A mouthwatering chocolate biscuit base topped with delicious chocolate chips and peanut butter then finished with a velvety chocolate ganache!
Low Fat Summer Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Hope you like this tasty chocolate pudding as much as we do! Why not try topping it with other berries like strawberries too?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Low Fat Summer Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 large eating apple , peeled, cored and finely grated
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 50 g cocoa powder sifted
- 250 g raspberries to decorate cake
- 50 g icing sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Grease 20cm cake tin with a few sprays with the cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, whisk the 4 egg whites and salt to peaks.
- In a large bowl, hand whisk the 2 whole eggs, vanilla extract and caster sugar together until combined and the sugar has dissolved.
- With a plastic spatula gradually fold the apple, self-raising flour and cocoa powder into the sugar mixture.
- Gradually fold the egg white peaks into the sugar mixture, keeping the mixture as light and fluffy as possible.
- Carefully spoon the cake mixture into the greased cake tin.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes. Test the cake after 30 minutes with a skewer. If the skewer comes out clean then the cake is cooked.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the cake tin and cut it in half horizontally.
- Mash 100g of the raspberries with some icing sugar to make a kind of “jam”. Spread this mixture between the cake halves.
- Mix some of the icing sugar with water to make a weak icing and spread over the top of the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the remaining raspberries. Allow the icing to harden.