Pesto pizza with cherry tomato and basil salad makes for a delicious change from a normal pizza. It’s a quick to make cheats pizza ideal for when you’re short on time!
Hey folks! Today’s new recipe is this tasty quick pesto pizza with a cherry tomato and basil salad topping.
Now hold onto something whilst I tell you a little secret about this pizza.
Are you ready?
It’s made with all shop bought ingredients. 😮
I know. Shock horror!
You’ve got used to me making all my recipes from scratch haven’t you?
Well even I like to take a little time off from experimenting in the kitchen all the time and enjoy just sitting in front of the TV watching my favourite sports!
Amongst my favourite sports that I love to watch is Rugby Union. Particularly The Six Nations Championship. Which is on TV here at the moment.
It’s an exciting battle between Scotland, England, France, Ireland, Wales and Italy. All teams trying to win the coveted “Grand Slam“.
So you see this pizza can pretty much be cooked in just 10 minutes.
Which is handy because there’s a 10 minute interval between two halves of the game!
Plus it only takes 10 minutes to prep too. Which can be done before the game!
So I’m not apologising in any way for this super quick all shop bought ingredients tasty pesto pizza recipe.
No, I’m too busy watching the matches and hoping that Scotland don’t end up with the wooden spoon. Again. 😉
If you really do want to make this pesto pizza from scratch then you’ll find a pizza base in my homemade pizza recipe.
Then you can make your own home-made pesto sauce using the method in the tagliatelle with home-made pesto recipe where there’s a step by step guide.
I wanted something quick, simple and delicious to make and sit and eat in front of the TV with!
For This Pesto Pizza You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
As you can see it’s great value for money. 100% rust and corrosion resistant and it’s easy to clean and dish washer safe too!
It comes with a protective cover meaning it can be kept safely.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Home-Made Pizza Recipes You Might Also Like
- Homemade Quorn pizza is the ultimate homemade meat free vegetarian pizza! Made from delicious quorn mince with an optional spicy twist and a tasty cheddar cheese and mozzarella melted cheese topping,
- 30 minutes easy flatbread pizza recipe is just what you’re looking for when you’re craving a pizza, but not the associated calories!
- Vegetarian naan pizza. Not only are these simple pizzas delicious but they’re ready in just 20 minutes. That’s quicker than a delivery and they’re healthier too!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, I’ve been working at updating a lot of my older recipe posts. So whilst I do that (it’s a huge task!) I’ll just be posting one recipe per week.
However, next week it’s Valentines day on Thursday. So there’s two recipes next week.
Join me on Tuesday for an amazing Valentines dinner option, Healthier Moussaka. It’s delicious!
Then, on Thursday a really tasty quick and easy Valentines dessert idea for you, Strawberry Vanilla Pudding. Perfect to make before you do the Moussaka.
Until then, have an amazing weekend!
Pesto Pizza with Cherry Tomato and Basil Salad Recipe
This pesto pizza recipe is so great because you can easily change it up and make it your own by trying out different toppings. How about some olives and /or some anchovies?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Pesto Pizza with Cherry Tomato and Basil Salad
- 2 Pizza bases shop bought
- 1 Jar Pesto sauce
- 200 g Mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 125 g cherry tomatoes chopped
- 5 g basil leaves chopped
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180c
- Spread pizzas with a covering of pesto sauce then scatter the mozzarella cheese over.
- Place pizzas directly onto an oven shelf and bake until cheese has melted.
- Whilst pizzas are cooking mix the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, cherry tomatoes and basil together in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Top pizzas with the cherry tomato and basil salad and serve.