Breakfast banana boost is a super easy overnight oats recipe which will give you that much needed boost in the morning. And set you on the right course for the day!
Here’s a healthy option breakfast recipe that I call breakfast banana boost.
It doesn’t take longer than 5 minutes to measure out all the ingredients and mix them up in a bowl ready for the morning.
It’s similar to my version of Bircher Muesli, in that it needs to be made the evening before, and stored in the fridge overnight.
This way the oats have time to absorb the liquid and the banana flavour, which is what gives you the “boost” in the morning!
So, quite simply, put all the ingredients go into a medium sized bowl / casserole dish, the night before you want it for breakfast.
Then refrigerate it overnight.
Take it out of the fridge in the morning and decorate with fruit of your choice. I like it with some more banana slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Banana Breakfast Recipes You Might Also Like
- Banana almond overnight quinoa is a really quick, easy and delicious bowl of nutrition to get you started first thing in the morning. It’s great waking up and knowing your day starts with this.
- Banana millet porridge is a deliciously creamy tasting alternative breakfast to oatmeal. Gluten free and ready in just 15 minutes, this healthy and satisfying breakfast makes for a great start to the day!
- Chocolate chip banana coconut porridge is the perfect brunch start to your weekend. It takes just 5 minutes to combine oats, chocolate chips, banana and coconut milk into this mouthwatering deliciously creamy breakfast lunch!
Breakfast Banana Boost Recipe
Make this banana breakfast recipe your own by changing / varying the toppings. There’s no limit of flavour combinations!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 30 g porridge oats
- 150 ml no fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 2 – 3 drops of vanilla essence.
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 1 sliced banana
- sliced Banana
- Cinnamon or All Spice
- Mix everything together in a bowl / casserole dish; ensure the banana slices are covered in the liquid, cover the dish and put in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, spoon the mixture into a breakfast / serving bowl and top with some extra banana slices, then sprinkle with cinnamon or all spice.