This no bake chocolate cherry cheesecake is a deliciously wicked and indulgent treat. Made in a glass for ease and with no need to turn on the oven, this time saving dessert is perfect for dinner parties allowing you to prepare this prior to serving your main course!
I write about living the 80/20 way (check out exactly what that is in this 80/20 rule for eating post) and with that lifestyle comes the 20% of delicious treats of which this no bake chocolate cherry cheesecake is one!
So I warn you, this is wickedly indulgent. But, I make no excuses for it! (Read that 80/20 rule for eating post!)
With a base layer of biscuit crumbs melted in butter topped with a double layer of cream cheese, melted chocolate chocolate chips and sweet cherry conserve, what else do I need to say?
I think your eyes will say it all……. 😉
So, when I’m particularly short on time, perhaps through being busy photographing new recipes or writing up these posts, I’ll still want to make a delicious pudding, but one that saves on time.
And this no bake chocolate cherry cheesecake is ideal for those situations. Its so incredibly simple but still delicious!
Did you catch the previous summer holiday in Cornwall recap?
You know I never actually had any desserts whilst we were on holiday? I know, seriously!
But, if you check out that previous post you’ll see why I was foregoing any desserts. Cornish cream tea? YES PLEASE! 🙂
- 60 g light / reduced fat digestive biscuits graham crackers
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 35 g dark chocolate chips
- 150 g low fat cherry conserve / jam
- 200 g low fat cream cheese
- 100 ml low fat double cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Glace cherries to decorate
- Blitz the biscuits to a bread crumb consistency either in a food processor or place in a bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan then add the biscuit crumbs and mix together.
- Divide the melted butter biscuit mixture between two glasses and press down on the mixture (I used the bottom of another glass to do this). Then pop into the fridge for at least 30 minutes whilst you make the rest of the cheesecake.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and the cherry jam together in a small saucepan and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Either by hand or using a stand mixer, whisk the cream cheese, double cream and lemon juice together until relatively stiff.
- Take half of the cream cheese mixture and divide between the two glasses, top with half of the chocolate cherry jam mixture, then repeat with the remainder of the cream cheese mixture and chocolate cherry jam mixture.
- Place in the fridge for approximately 2 to 3 hours, whilst you do other things!
- Top with glace cherries and serve.
Folks, I’ll leave you for now, hopefully with your mouths watering over this amazing, tantalising chocolate cherry cheesecake in a glass.
Better still, make it and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Lady Lynne and I are heading to the hills this weekend to meet up with Liam and Catherine. You’ll remember them, our friends, from the Loch Brandy Glen Clova Weekend last year?
Keep your fingers crossed the weather doesn’t end up like it did then for us!
Next week I’ve more for you on the 80/20 way and how to use the 80/20 rule for money to ensure you save for a rainy day. Plus there will be a brand new recipe too.
Until then, take care of yourselves and have a fantastic weekend! 🙂
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.