Chicken pasta salad with tomato vinaigrette is just the thing when you’re looking for a quick healthy meal. It’s ideal as either a lunch or a dinner option!
I feel this chicken pasta salad with tomato vinaigrette may well be the last salad this year.
At least that’s how I feel at the moment with the combination of the rain pouring down and the wind howling outside.
Not a great sign already for things possibly to come when we’re only just about to creep into October!
Anyway, let’s not get negative or carried away with how it is because as you know, that’s not what we do here. We just get on with things.
So, this chicken pasta salad with tomato vinaigrette is a combination that I like, as opposed to that weather combination one mentioned earlier.
And, do you know when some combinations just go SO well together? Yeah? Well this salad combination with it’s zingy tomato vinaigrette does just that!
I mean OK it took me trying about 4 different combinations to get this salad together.
The actual tomato vinaigrette part I found easy. I just experimented with a few basic kitchen cupboard ingredients and voila that part came together.
But it was through trying out different combinations of potatoes and various veg with the salad that I got stuck.
Finally settling on the whole wheat penne pasta which I found went perfectly with the chicken salad and tomato vinaigrette, was a relief!
I figured this chicken pasta salad with a flavourful vinaigrette would just be a nice and easy one today. I’ve been through the difficulties myself to make it easy for you. 😉
It’s completely versatile with the chicken and pasta being either warm or cold. too.
I guarantee this will fill you up if you had it as a packed lunch, right up until dinner time. How can I guarantee that? From experience! 🙂
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Healthy Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy macaroni salad recipe has all the flavours and creaminess that you would expect from the classic salad but it’s made with a lower calorie dressing.
- Bulgur chickpea salad has a lovely creamy yogurt and fresh herb dressing, and combined with all the fresh ingredients it makes such a nutritious, filling dish.
- Mediterranean chickpea salad is an easy, budget and vibrant salad simply bursting with flavour. This is the perfect all year round salad to remind you of sunny days and warm climates
Coming Next Time on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Anyway folks you have a great weekend.
Be sure to check back next Thursday where I’ve a fantastic new baked turkey meatballs in tomato and chilli sauce autumnal / fall recipe.
Very appropriate if the weather continues as it is!
Chicken Pasta Salad With Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe
You’ll find the delicious, tangy tomato vinaigrette in this chicken salad perfectly versatile and an ideal way to liven up your other pasta salad recipes too!
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chicken Pasta Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- 2 cooked chicken breasts , chopped (roughly 150g each)
- 150 g cooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced
- ½ small red onion , sliced
Tomato Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- Arrange the salad on a serving plate / bowl.
- Place all the tomato vinaigrette ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the tomato vinaigrette over the salad and combine everything together, then serve.