Porridge with blueberries and almonds is a tasty breakfast made from traditional porridge oats. It’s a simple perfect start to the day. Packed full of fibre and energy, it keeps you fuller for longer!
Hello Folks! Welcome to my first recipe of 2015, this porridge with blueberries and almonds.
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and New Year.
This tasty blueberry almond porridge is the first in a series of 5 different breakfast porridges for this week! 😀
I’ve always been a huge fan of this traditional porridge and indeed one of my very first blog recipe postings was my perfect porridge recipe.
My photography has come on since then 🙂 so unlike other previous blog photos that I have re-done, I’ve left that one as it is.
Plus there are still some variations in that recipe, as well as the pinhead oatmeal recipe you could try anyway.
I prefer to keep my porridge ingredients to a minimum. That’s why there’s not that many ingredients to this porridge with blueberries and almonds breakfast.
That way I can carry them to work and microwave them there after a gym session.
All my porridge recipes are made with convenience and simplicity in mind but with getting the maximum nutritional benefits, especially after a workout, from the tastiest fruits and nuts.
If you check out the details on the Nutrition Label above you’ll see that one bowl alone of this porridge with blueberries and almonds breakfast is providing you with 51% of your recommended daily dietary fibre plus 34% of daily protein recommendation.
What a great start for your body for the day!
Can you be sure your packaged breakfast cereal looks after you the way this one does?
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Porridge Recipes You Might Also Like
- Gluten free and nutty tasting, this vanilla quinoa and blueberry breakfast makes for a delicious healthy alternative to traditional oatmeal.
- Semolina breakfast porridge is a delicious, sweet and nutritious alternative to traditional porridge oats. Made with sliced banana, sultanas and chopped nuts it’s a healthy and filling start to the day too!
- Barley flakes and apple porridge is a delicious alternative to oatmeal. Nutty tasting packed full of fibre and essential vitamins and minerals it’ll help to awaken all your senses in the morning!
Porridge with blueberries and almonds is a tasty breakfast made from traditional porridge oats. It's a simple perfect start to the day. Packed full of fibre and energy, it keeps you fuller for longer!
Porridge with Blueberries and Almonds Recipe
You could try the toppings from my next 4 porridge recipes on this blueberry almond porridge?
Vary the fruits and nuts and if you find the porridge not sweet enough then add a little more honey (already included in the Nutrition Label calculation) or a sweetener like Stevia. Not sugar!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Porridge with Blueberries and Almonds
- 25 g rolled oats/porridge oats
- 175 ml skimmed milk/other milk of choice or water
- 20 g flaked almonds
- 80 g blueberries
- 1 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp runny honey (optional)
- Place the rolled oats/porridge oats into a small saucepan with the chia seeds and add the milk.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer, stirring continuously until the milk has been absorbed by the oats or until a desired consistency is achieved.
- Place the rolled oats/porridge oats into a microwaveable dish with the chia seeds and add the milk.
- Microwave on full power for two minutes, stir and then microwave for one more minute. (Microwave times may vary so watch the porridge does not boil over).
- Remove the cooked porridge to a serving bowl.
- Stir in the flaked almonds, blueberries and flax seeds.
- Drizzle the runny honey over.