Quick healthy turkey burgers are not only tasty but they’re lower in fat and healthier than traditional beef ones. Ready in just 30 minutes they make a fantastic quick healthy meal!
Folks if you’re looking for a great healthy turkey burger recipe then look no further than these quick healthy turkey burgers!
I mean just about everyone loves burgers, especially kids don’t they?
If you can your kids started off earlier eating healthier versions like these low fat turkey burgers then you’re onto a winner. It’ll give them the basics for a good lifelong healthy diet.
Turkey mince is something I often cook with. And this is one of my most favourite healthy turkey mince recipes.
But, I feel turkey gets neglected and I’ve mentioned that before such as in my low fat summer turkey stew recipe.
For Lynne and I, especially as we are always watching our pennies, turkey makes an ideal alternative, to the more expensive meat cuts, like beef.
Plus, this quick healthy turkey burger recipe is much healthier than red meat and it’s just so delicious and simple to make!
This quick healthy turkey burger recipe gave me an ideal opportunity to get out my trusty George Forman grill.
I remember as a student this was my one and only trusted cooking device! Ah such memories…… 😉
Now of course you don’t need one of those to make these tasty turkey burgers, you can just use your grill.
When using your grill place a sheet of tin foil on top and your burger patties on top of that to cook. It helps keeps them together.
Also don’t worry about your burger patties being quite wet. The moisture helps the insides cook quickly!
I reckon you are going to love these quick healthy turkey burgers and so next you can start experimenting with my other burger recipes.
Why These Quick Healthy Turkey Burgers Are Healthier Than Beef Burgers
- These are gluten free turkey burgers. No breadcrumbs are used. A lot of burger recipes use bread as part of their ingredients so have more carbohydrates and therefore are higher in calories.
- Apart from softening the onion and garlic in a little oil these healthy turkey burgers are grilled instead of fried. Grilling meats instead of frying them is usually always healthier.
- There are around 40 calories less for 100g weight by using turkey mince instead of beef. But always make sure you use the leanest and lowest fat turkey mince you can find.
- There is slightly less saturated fat in ground turkey mince compared to beef mince. Too much saturated fat in our diets can raise your cholesterol levels and lead to heart disease and other health problems.
- Turkey mince also has a higher protein level too. There are 22.3g of protein per 100g compared to 20.8g in beef.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Healthy Burger Recipes You Might Also Like
- Homemade Quorn burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
- Leftover chicken burgers are a great way to use up any leftover cooked chicken. This easy, delicious and healthy recipe will help save you money too!
- Quick healthy tuna burgers are easy to make and a real time saver. This is a delicious recipe made with canned tuna and minimal ingredients.
Coming Next Time on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, we will be back after our wee break to Glen Coe.
If you follow me on Instagram I’ll try and post some pictures so as not to make you too jealous. 😉
Here’s a picture of buachaille etive mor taken 3 years ago when my friend Mike (that’s him in the picture) and I walked the West Highland Way from Fort William to Glasgow.
This is photographed at the entrance to Glencoe. Magnificent eh?
I was absolutely jobsmacked and humbled. I will be celebrating that in style next week!
Quick Healthy Turkey Burgers Recipe
These healthy turkey burgers can be frozen and easily reheated in your oven or under a grill.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Quick Healthy Turkey Burgers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Small red onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 500 g lean turkey mince
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 egg beaten
- 100 g low fat cheddar cheese grated
- Heat the oil in a small pan and gently sauté the onion and garlic until soft, about 6 minutes. Set aside
- In a large bowl mix together the lean turkey mince, curry powder, coriander, beaten egg and 75g of the cheese then the softened onion and garlic.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 4 patties
- Grill on both sides on a George Forman grill or under a medium heat.
- Once the burgers are cooked through, sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over and either grill the cheese on top too, or serve as is.
- Serve on toasted burger buns with iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes on the bottom and chosen relish on top.