These quick healthy turkey burgers are not only tasty but they’re lower in fat and healthier than traditional beef ones. Ready in just 30 minutes they make a fantastic quick healthy meal.
Everyone loves burgers, especially kids. If you can get them started off earlier eating healthier versions like these quick healthy turkey burgers then you’re onto a winner. It’ll give them the basics for a good lifelong healthy diet.
Turkey meat is something I often cook with.
But, I feel turkey gets neglected and I’ve mentioned that before such as in my low fat summer turkey stew recipe.
For Lynne and I, especially as we are always watching our pennies, turkey makes an ideal alternative, to the more expensive meat cuts, like beef.
Plus, this quick healthy turkey burger recipe is much healthier than red meat and it’s just so delicious and simple to make!
This quick healthy turkey burger recipe gave me an ideal opportunity to get out my trusty George Forman grill.
I remember as a student this was my one and only trusted cooking device! Ah such memories…… 😉
Now of course you don’t need one of those to make these tasty morsels, you can just use the grill.
When using your grill place a sheet of tin foil on top and your burger patties on top of that to cook. It helps keeps them together.
Also don’t worry about your burger patties being quite wet. The moisture helps the insides cook quickly!
Folks, we will be back after our wee break to Glen Coe. If you follow me on Instagram I’ll try and post some pictures so as not to make you too jealous. 😉
Here’s a picture of buachaille etive mor taken 3 years ago when my friend Mike (that’s him in the picture) and I walked the West Highland Way from Fort William to Glasgow.
This is photographed at the entrance to Glencoe. Magnificent eh?
I was absolutely jobsmacked and humbled. Let’s just say I’ve had my fair share of challenges so far this year, so that’s a highlight Lynne and I will be celebrating in style next week. 😀
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Quick Healthy Turkey Burgers Recipe
These healthy turkey burgers can be frozen before or after cooking for convenience.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Quick Healthy Turkey Burgers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Small red onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 500 g lean turkey mince
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 egg beaten
- 100 g low fat cheddar cheese grated
- Heat the oil in a small pan and gently sauté the onion and garlic until soft, about 6 minutes. Set aside
- In a large bowl mix together the lean turkey mince, curry powder, coriander, beaten egg and 75g of the cheese then the softened onion and garlic.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 4 patties
- Grill on both sides on a George Forman grill or under a medium heat.
- Once the burgers are cooked through, sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over and either grill the cheese on top too, or serve as is.
- Serve on toasted burger buns with iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes on the bottom and chosen relish on top.