Quick healthy kidney bean burgers that are easy to make and made with only 6 ingredients. They’re meat free, gluten free, low calorie and delicious too!
Folks, these kidney bean burgers are the perfect substitute burgers for helping to reduce your meat intake or if meat isn’t available.
Made from tinned red kidney beans and a handful of other ingredients they take just 10 minutes to prepare and then 10 minutes to cook.
You guys loved my other similar quick and easy black bean burgers recipe so I know you’re just going to love this one too.
Another excellent vegan bean burger to add to your meatless burgers recipe collection!
At only 113 calories per bean burger pattie you can choose whatever time you want to enjoy these.
They’re perfect as a quick snack, for lunch or for dinner.
You could serve them in burger rolls with iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes. Accompanied with mustard and tomato ketchup. As I’ve suggested in the recipe card below.
Or how about some baked beans or baked oven chips or even some healthier coleslaw?
The health benefits of eating kidney beans are numerous.
They have also been attributed to helping weight loss and to keep blood sugar levels within their correct range.
These beans are cheap and much lower in fat compared to meat too!
Tips For How Make These Kidney Bean Burgers
- These bean burgers are so easy to make. There are just three steps. Mash and mix the ingredients. Form patties. Then lightly fry them in a minimal amount of sunflower oil.
- Use tinned kidney beans because those have already been cooked. Just give them a rinse before using.
- Can I use dried kidney beans? Yes but soak the dried beans for at least 12 hours and drain them. Then simmer in fresh water for around 1 hour to make them tender and to destroy any toxins.
- Can I freeze kidney bean burgers. Absolutely. Cook them first, allow them to cool and freeze in a container. You can easily reheat them from frozen in your oven.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Meat Free Burger Recipes You Might Also Like
- These delicious spicy lentil burgers are not only packed full of taste but they’re low calorie and low fat too. Vegetarian and easy to make, they won’t cost you much either!
- How to make homemade Quorn burgers. These tasty homemade Quorn burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
- These sweet potato and mozzarella burgers are so tasty and easy to make. With melted mozzarella cheese within and a light crunchy breadcrumb coating. they make a delicious, vegetarian alternative that kids (and adults) will love!
Quick Healthy Kidney Bean Burgers Recipe
Feel free to change the amount of chilli powder in these kidney bean burgers to suit your taste.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Quick Healthy Kidney Bean Burgers
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 400 g can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Small Onion finely diced
- Clove garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Place the kidney beans in a bowl and mash them well together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine until well mixed and season.
- Using your hands shape the mixture into 4 equally sized patties.
- Fry the kidney bean patties in the oil over a medium heat in a non-stick frying pan for 3-4 mins on each side until cooked.
- Serve in burger rolls with iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes. With mustard and tomato ketchup.