Quick healthy breakfast burritos are the perfect start to the weekend. Made in one pan this delicious filling combination of vegetables, eggs and cheese takes hardly any time at all to make allowing you to get on and enjoy your weekend!
Folks, how much do you look forward to the weekend and the opportunity to spend quality time with your loved ones or maybe you just want to chill out and cook some delicious foods?
Well, these quick healthy breakfast burritos are perfect for satisfying both of those requirements. Start the weekend with this amazing tasty breakfast recipe and head out with the family and do your thing or if it’s a weekend of having a lie in, relaxing and eating great food then equally start your weekend with this great brunch.
Whatever your weekend, with these healthy breakfast burritos you can be sure that you’re getting a quick healthy meal that’s not only really satisfying but nourishing too.
Lady Lynne and I like to go to the gym first thing on most Saturday mornings. I do my 10k run and she does her fitness classes.
As you can imagine, when we both return home together we’re ravenous!
Fortunately I’m a planner so before we’ve left for the gym I’ve chopped and prepared all of the vegetables, cracked the eggs and grated the cheese. This means that on our return it’s just a simple case of cooking and then rolling these healthy breakfast burritos and that literally just takes 10 – 15 minutes max.
When we were in Las Vegas in 2014 I had the most AMAZING breakfast burritos made with ground beef, eggs and cheese. I decided to make my own vegetarian breakfast burritos here in this recipe, but maybe I’ll do a meat version one day, I’m thinking maybe with chorizo sausage. What do you think?
Anyway, here’s just a few reasons why I think you’ll love these healthy breakfast burritos! 🙂
Why You’ll Love These Healthy Breakfast Burritos
- You can just about use anything to make your burritos. Why not try using black beans, avocado, sausage and /or chopped sweet potato?
- Why not double up the amount of burritos you make and take the one’s you don’t eat as a packed lunch to save money instead of eating out?
- Burritos are also perfect for freezing. Just wrap them tightly in grease proof paper and freeze. When you want to eat them move them from the freezer to the fridge first of all then once thawed just pop them into the microwave to re-heat.
Quick Healthy Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Want to know how you wrap a quick healthy breakfast burrito properly? Well I found this Huffington Post article was the best one to explain it to me.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe if you like it! 🙂
- Spray oil
- Red pepper chopped
- Small onion chopped
- 100 g button mushrooms sliced
- 50 g chopped green jalapenos from a jar
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp mild chilli powder
- 60 g low fat grated cheese
- 2 large corn tortillas
- Spray a large pan with the cooking oil spray and place the pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced button mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes then stir in the jalapenos for a further minute.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking mix the eggs in a bowl with the seasoning and chilli powder.
- When the vegetables are cooked add the egg mixture to the pan and cook over a low heat stirring every now and then to scramble them and cook them. This should only take 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Lay the tortillas out and divide the filling between them making sure you keep the filling in the centre and then sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Pull the bottom half of the burrito over to meet the top half. Then, pull the tortilla back. This will form the filling into a roll. Next, fold one side in and then the other side.
With both ends folded, tightly roll your tortilla until you have a perfect, beautiful burrito. Cut in half and serve hot.
Talking of the weekend folks, this weekend is a very special family occasion. It’s the 50th wedding anniversary of my parents and all of the family will be heading off, staying the weekend and celebrating that together at Crieff Hydro. So, to allow myself and Lady Lynne to recover there will be no recipe next Tuesday.
I’ll be back next Thursday with a new tasty Roasted Parsnip And Carrot Soup recipe where I’ll be showcasing that amazing Optimum VAC2 Air Vacuum Blender again, and it’s excellent soup blending capabilities!
Have a great weekend and I’ll catch up with you next Thursday.
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.