Stir fried sesame chicken, leek and noodles is a really quick and easy to prepare meal. Marinating the chicken first adds to the flavour and prevents it drying out during cooking.
Cooked with just a small amount of oil, stir-fry’s like this sesame chicken stir fry have been traditionally cooked this way and healthily for centuries.
What does put me off is the overly generous addition of oils to food that is not required.
I think this subsequently spoils the taste and adds unnecessary calories to otherwise extremely flavoursome dish.
In this particular sesame chicken stir fry the sesame oil is used only because it helps to enhance the overall flavour of the dish.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
My Other Popular Stir Fry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy spring stir-fry vegetables is a delicious and easy dinner recipe. Ready in just 20 minutes. Why not choose your own selection of healthy veggies?
- Stir fried scallops with whole wheat noodles. This delicious easy healthy dish is ready to eat in less than half an hour and using frozen scallops keeps the costs as low as possible too!
- Stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas is a recipe you’ll just love. It’s healthy, low carb and quick and easy to prepare too. A perfect weeknight dinner!
Stir Fried Sesame Chicken, Leek and Noodles Recipe
Marinate the chicken in the fridge for at least one hour if you can in order for the chicken to absorb as much moisture as possible.
This sesame chicken stir fry is best served on slightly warmed plates.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or the juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I use light soy sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts , boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 trimmed julienned leek (white and light green part cut lengthways)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 nests of noodles (I use whole wheat)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Put all the marinade ingredients into one dish.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices, add to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat wok until very hot, add the sesame seeds and dry-fry them until just golden, then remove them from the wok. Set aside.
- In a separate saucepan add the noodles and cook according to packet instructions, then drain.
- Add sesame oil to the Wok and heat gently.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the chicken from the marinade, add the chicken to the wok and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the marinade to the Wok along with the leeks and stir-fry all the ingredients until the leeks are soft for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Check the chicken is cooked, add the sesame seeds and the drained, cooked noodles, stir-fry together well for about 30 seconds, season with salt and pepper.