Slow cooker lamb curry. This is an easy to make and delicious lightly spiced curry. Made with store cupboard spices and minimum ingredients it will soon become a family favourite!
Slow cooker lamb curry. Beautiful tender chunks of lamb in a rich sauce of tomatoes, garlic, onions and spices.
Need I say more?
Folks, today I’m delighted to bring you another awesome curry to add to my list of slow cooker curry recipes.
You can check out the others in the list further below!
This one is really special though.
Maybe it’s just because lamb is my favourite meat or perhaps it’s just the perfect winter curry?
Either way I know you won’t be disappointed.
It’s not too difficult to make and whilst bubbling away in your slow cooker it will make your whole house smell AMAZING!
I’ve used diced lamb to make this curry. That keeps it easy and so that it’s ready to serve immediately after the cooking time.
You could plonk in a leg of lamb or a shoulder of lamb, if you can get that into your slow cooker. (Mine isn’t big enough).
It should cook in roughly the same amount of time as diced lamb.
At the end of the cooking time you would need to then pull the meat off the bone before serving.
Hints and Tips For How To Make This Chicken Slow Cooker Lamb Curry
- To save time just buy already diced lamb from your supermarket but trim any excess fat off. A small amount of fat is fine as it will melt into the sauce and add some extra flavour!
- For even more flavour make this lamb curry the day before then allow it to cool and pop it covered into your fridge to marinate. Reheat it in a microwave or on the stove in a saucepan until thoroughly hot.
- Store this curry for a maximum of 2 days covered in your fridge.
- You can freeze this lamb curry. It’s best portioned into individual containers then frozen. Defrost it thoroughtly. Reheat it in a microwave or on the stove in a saucepan until thoroughly hot.
To serve this Slow Cooker Lamb Curry you may need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
These are the balti dishes I use to serve my curries. You’ll see these dishes in most of my curry recipe photographs as well. They add a perfect authenticity when serving your curry.
For a very reasonable price you get 6 of these high grade stainless steel authentic Indian balti dishes.
They’re easy to clean and you’ll enjoy them for life!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Slow Cooker Curry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Slow cooker beef curry is absolutely packed full of flavour. It’s an easy healthy recipe that makes the meat so tender it will melt in your mouth!
- Slow cooker sweet potato and vegetable curry is just packed with flavour. It’s easy to make, vegan, budget and perfect for cold weather. This delicious curry will soon become one of your go-to curry favourites!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
As next Thursday is 13th February and close enough to Valentines Day, the recipe I’m brining you is perfect as a sweet treat for your loved ones.
It’s a really easy (and healthier!) Wholemeal Muffins with Chocolate Chips recipe.
So why not join me next Thursday? I’m pretty sure anyone you make these muffins for will instantly fall in love with you!
Slow Cooker Lamb Curry Recipe
Serve your slow cooker lamb curry with some basmati rice.
Or why not make your own home made naan bread?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Slow Cooker Lamb Curry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g diced lamb
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml lamb stock
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Gently heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan. Add handfuls of the lamb at a time and brown the meat for about 6-8 mins then transfer to your slow cooker.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and sauté the onion for about 5 mins until softened then stir in the ginger and garlic paste, green chilli paste, turmeric, garam masala, cinnamon and ground cumin. Stir well together a further minute then transfer to your slow cooker.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and lamb stock to the slow cooker and stir well. Cook on a low heat for about 6 hrs.
- Serve the curry garnished with chopped fresh coriander and some basmati rice or naan breads.