This slow cooker sweet potato and vegetable curry is just packed with flavour. It’s easy to make, vegan, budget and perfect for cold weather. This delicious curry will soon become one of your go-to curry favourites!
Folks, a round of applause please for this slow cooker sweet potato and vegetable curry.
Why? Well it’s my first published slow cooker recipe since I acquired a slow cooker and it’s such a simple recipe too. I know you’re just going to love it as much as Lady Lynne and I do!
All you need to do to make this curry is to prepare the vegetables and then leave them to marinate in the coconut milk overnight. The next day you’ll just need to cook it on low power for 4 – 5 hours, stir in the peas and serve. That really is it!
I’ve got my colleague at work to thank for donating her slow cooker to me, thanks Theresa! 🙂
Yes I could have gone out and easily bought one a long time ago but I didn’t really see the point. I’ve been so used to doing everything in my beloved red casserole pot in the oven, when it comes to slow cooking.
However, now I see what all the slow cooker fuss is about and I love it!
The slow cooker sits on my worktop bubbling away at weekends slowly tenderising tougher cuts of meat for curry dishes and /or making delicious home made stock for my soups. Yes, I know there’s so many other things you can do with a slow cooker but all in good time, I’ve only just started experimenting.
I just hope that Theresa doesn’t now ask for the slow cooker back when she sees this tasty sweet potato and vegetable curry! 😆
You could serve this curry with rice. With some more steamed vegetables like kale. Or as this recipe is such a time saver, whilst its cooking away you could be making your own home made naan bread.
At just 241 calories per serving, this slow cooker sweet potato and vegetable curry is the ultimate healthy veggie curry for helping us all to get right back in shape after all the recent Christmas indulgences.
Oh but wait, there’s so much more goodness to this curry……
Why This Sweet Potato And Vegetable Curry Is Good For You
Just one portion of this amazing curry will provide you with :-
- 37% of your daily dietary fibre recommendation.
- 82% of your vitamin A and 118% of your vitamin C requirements.
- Sweet potatoes provide iron, calcium, selenium which are all essential and valuable nutrients for our overall health.
- Red peppers have been linked to reducing ‘bad’ cholesterol, controlling diabetes and bringing relief from pain.
- Courgettes/Zucchini can help improve digestion and are a good source of the mineral potassium.
Plus you know that eating a diet rich in vegetables may also reduce the risks of stroke, cancer and heart diseases too? Let’s hear it for the veggies!
For this Slow Cooker Potato and Vegetable Curry you may need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the slow cooker I use. As you can see it’s relatively inexpensive and its perfect for meals of up to 4 people!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Slow Cooker Recipes For You To Try
- Slow cooker beef curry is absolutely packed full of flavour. It’s an easy healthy recipe that makes the meat so tender it will melt in your mouth!
- Healthy slow cooker turkey chilli is a delicious lightly spiced and easy version of the Mexican classic recipe. This tasty dish is one all the family will love!
- Slow cooker budget bean burritos are the perfect recipe for feeding the family and letting you get on with other things in the meantime!
- Slow cooker lamb curry. This is an easy to make and delicious lightly spiced curry. Made with store cupboard spices and minimum ingredients it will soon become a family favourite!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Right, now that you’ve had enough of my “why you should eat your veggies” rant and in particular this sweet potato and vegetable curry. Let’s look forward to what’s in store next.
So, it’s been such a long time since we’ve had a good old fashioned traditional family bake hasn’t it?
Well, I’ll put that right this Thursday with a new Salmon and Spinach Potato Bake recipe if you’ll be so kind as to join me then. 🙂
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Vegetable Curry Recipe
Why not try other vegetables of your own choice in this sweet potato curry? This recipe is also great for using up any vegetables you may have left over from other recipes!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Vegetable Curry
- 400 ml can light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube crumbled
- 1 red chilli deseeded and sliced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger finely chopped
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 medium sized courgette chopped into small chunks
- 150 g frozen peas
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp coriander freshly chopped
- Place all of the ingredients except the frozen peas and coriander into your slow cooker dish, stir well, cover and place in the fridge ideally overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Once marinated cook on low for 4 – 5 hours until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Switch off power and then stir in the frozen peas and leave to sit for 10 – 15 minutes until the peas are heated through.
- Season to taste and serve with the coriander scattered over.