Strawberry and almond rye flakes porridge breakfast is a heart healthy, nutritious, tasty and naturally sweetened alternative start to the day and will keep you fuller for longer!
Enter porridge breakfast number 4 from this week’s series – delicious strawberry and almond rye flakes porridge!
This is a good old fashioned nordic porridge breakfast that will have you savouring each and every mouthful.
I hadn’t tried out this wholegrain as a porridge until recently when I googled it and there were indeed recipes to be found.
I usually just use rye flakes in my home made muesli recipe but now I’ll be enjoying this porridge recipe alongside all my other porridge recipes too!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Porridge Recipes You Might Also Like
Remember to check out my previous 3 porridge breakfast recipes:-
- Barley flakes and apple porridge is a delicious alternative to oatmeal. Nutty tasting packed full of fibre and essential vitamins and minerals it’ll help to awaken all your senses in the morning!
- Spiced plum millet porridge tastes deliciously thick and creamy and it’s gluten free too. Wake up those taste buds with this superb alternative porridge breakfast.
- Porridge with blueberries and almonds is a tasty breakfast made from traditional porridge oats. It’s a simple perfect start to the day. Packed full of fibre and energy, it keeps you fuller for longer!
Strawberry and Almond Rye Flakes Porridge Recipe
You can easily cook this porridge recipe on your stove or in your microwave. I’ve included instructions for both in the recipe card below.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Strawberry and Almond Rye Flakes Porridge
- 35 g rye flakes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 150 ml skimmed milk/other milk of choice or water
- 80 g chopped strawberries
- 20 g flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp runny honey (optional)
- Place the rye flakes into a small saucepan with the chia seeds and add the milk.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer, stirring continuously until the rye flakes are soft and a desired consistency is achieved.
- Place the rye flakes into a microwaveable dish with the chia seeds and add the milk.
- Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, stir and then microwave for one more minute. (Microwave times may vary so watch the porridge does not boil over).
- Remove the cooked porridge to a serving bowl.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries and flaked almonds and mix in the flax seeds.
- Drizzle the runny honey over.