Tofu spinach curry is vegan, delicious and easy to make! This healthy curry recipe will soon become a favourite with all the family!
Folks, todays tasty tofu spinach curry is another amazing holiday inspired recipe!
Just like the delicious sticky peanut butter tofu stir-fry recipe I posted a few weeks ago.
This is another dish Lady Lynne and I were lucky enough to come across whilst on holiday in Hong Kong earlier this year.
Again, one mouthful of this mild tofu curry and my taste buds went into overdrive!
I just had to recreate it as soon as I got back home!
This tofu spinach curry is designed to suit all tastes, as well as being vegan and gluten free.
It’s a healthy reduced fat, low calorie tofu curry too.
As with the majority of my curry recipes I’ve used the minimum amount of oil to make the sauce.
Just enough to soften the onions first, then the food processor does the rest.
The curry sauce itself has bags of flavour in it but isn’t too hot or spicy.
Tofu on its own can be very bland.
However, when you cook it in this lovely curry sauce it absorbs the flavours making it much tastier.
If you haven’t tried a tofu curry recipe before then why not give this easy one a go?
Your Questions Answered About This Tofu Spinach Curry
- How many calories in tofu spinach curry? There are 203 calories per serving. Excluding any rice or breads.
- Can you reheat tofu curry? No really. The tofu would lose its crispiness so it’s best served straight after cooking.
- If you don’t like the hint of heat in the sauce you can remove the chilli powder.
- Alternatively if you like a spicy curry then feel free to add a bit more chilli powder.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Vegan Curry Recipes You Might Also Like
- 40 minute potato curry is a delicious easy vegan curry recipe. You’ll love this healthy filling dish. It’s perfect as a weeknight quick hearty meal!
- One pot sweet potato and chickpea curry is a fantastic quick healthy budget recipe to make. Delicious and full flavoured this filling vegan curry is perfect for freezing too!
- Aubergine and sweet potato curry is a simple and deliciously healthy vegan curry. An all in one pot hearty family meal ready in just one hour!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
OK folks so I’m going to switch next Thursday from this vegan recipe to one that involves chicken.
Leftover chicken to be exact. That’s the way this blog swings you see.
Lady Lynne and I enjoy a diet of lots of vegetarian food with the occasional chicken and or meat recipe in between.
My leftover chicken burgers recipe is a great one for using up any remains of that roast chicken.
Join me next Thursday for that!
Tofu Spinach Curry Recipe
Serve this tofu spinach curry with Home Made Naan Bread or with some basmati rice.
You could easily swap the tofu in this tofu curry recipe for other protein sources if you wanted such as chicken or prawns.
It really is that versatile!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Tofu Spinach Curry
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 200 g tofu
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 large onions chopped
- 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 and 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200 g chopped spinach
- Prepare the tofu by gently squeezing out excess moisture by wrapping it in paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Cut the tofu into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Gently heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan and cook the tofu for about 10 minutes turning frequently until golden brown all over. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil over a medium heat in the same large pan.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic paste and the green chilli paste and cook, stirring for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, stirring for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and chilli powder, cook for 1 minute, stirring well.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes and turn off the heat once simmering.
- Remove the contents of the saucepan to a food processor and blitz to a sauce consistency. Return to the pan. Or blend in the saucepan with a stick blender.
- Heat the sauce until it is simmering. Add the spinach and stir it in until it wilts then gently stir in the cooked tofu.
- Serve with naan breads or on a bed of rice.