Leftover chicken burgers are a great way to use up any leftover cooked chicken. This easy, delicious and healthy recipe will help save you money too!
Folks, these leftover chicken burgers are so tasty!
I’m a huge believer that you can get so much flavour and better recipes from less ingredients, and in particular any leftovers you might have.
Just like with my quick healthy turkey burgers recipe. Less is more!
So I called these burgers “leftover chicken burgers”, and not just simply “chicken burgers” because I made them using up chicken meat from a roast chicken.
However, you could equally and easily enough make them from a couple of cooked and chopped up chicken breasts though!
The idea for these leftover chicken burgers came to me recently when Lady Lynne went on holiday to the U.S.
She went for 2 weeks to celebrate our friend Jen’s 40th birthday (that’s her in the recent Cumbria Way posts).
Not being content with the fact I could cook all my favourite foods that Lynne hates (like pork chops!), I decided I would challenge myself to see how frugally I could live!
So I decided I would buy a chicken, roast it and see how long it would last and how many meals I could get out of it.
The large chicken, which I bought from a well known British supermarket starting with “A” only cost me just over £3.00.
Not only was I able to conjur up this excellent leftover chicken burgers recipe, but a whole load of other meals too.
My first meal was a roast chicken dinner.
The juices from the roasting tin were made into chicken gravy, which I’ve frozen to use on Christmas Day.
Even the bones were boiled up to make a delicious chicken stock!
I was brought up never to waste any food. There’s always a way to use up any leftovers. Just as I’ve proved in this chicken burgers recipe made from a leftover roast chicken. I hope this inspires you to do the same too!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Burger Recipes You Might Also Like
- Homemade Quorn burgers. These tasty homemade Quorn burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
- Quick and easy black bean burgers are perfect for cooking in a pan or on your BBQ. No matter what the weather or if you’re short on time, these delicious budget vegan burgers are the business!
- Quick healthy tuna burgers are easy to make and a real time saver. This is a delicious recipe made with canned tuna and minimal ingredients.
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Well Folks I think I’ve done rather well in not mentioning the “C” word yet. So let me just change that.
Christmas, Christmas, Christmas. 😆
Yep, in case you haven’t noticed, Christmas is just around the corner and I’ve got a whole load of new festive recipes planned for December!
So I’m going to gently get us started for the festive period by rolling out an easy Raspberry Buns recipe next Thursday.
Although not particularly festive it’ll help to get us in the mood for some more great recipes and a new Cheesecake recipe coming this way too!
Catch you next week!
Leftover Chicken Burgers Recipe
These leftover chicken burgers make for an excellent quick healthy meal!
They contain less saturated fat than beef burgers and they’re low on calories too, at just 244 calories per burger!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Leftover Chicken Burgers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 Spring Onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 200 g cooked chicken finely chopped
- 75 g breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a small pan and gently sauté the spring onions and garlic until soft, about 2 minutes. Don’t let the garlic burn.
- Place cooked chopped chicken, half of the breadcrumbs, egg, wholegrain mustard and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Place the remaining breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Using your hands form the chicken mixture into 4 patties and coat each patty with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Fry the chicken patties in the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan for 3-4 mins on each side until crisp and golden.
- Serve in burgers buns with iceberg lettuce leaves on the bottom and sliced tomatoes on top.