Turkey and courgette bake is the perfect weeknight dinner for when you're short of time. Healthy and filling with a creamy sauce inside topped with delicious mashed potato. And it's low cost too!
Easy, cheesy and delicious.
This the simplest description I can think of to describe this turkey and courgette bake!
And, I think you'll agree. You'll be making this time and time again.
It's another of my really quick healthy baked casseroles that I whipped up recently whilst trying to juggle my work and home life.
I know I'm usually all about making everything from scratch, but even I have to concede sometimes!
When I haven’t got the time to make a sauce, using a tin of condensed soup, as I did in this turkey and courgette bake makes for a perfect substitute.
If you have the time you could of course make a cheese sauce from scratch. The one in my low-cost healthy lasagne would be ideal.
This is a great balanced meal with the lean turkey providing half of your daily protein needs.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin & YouTube.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Turkey Bake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Turkey rice casserole is just delicious and easy comfort food at its best. A perfectly healthy and wholesome family dinner which you’ll be making again and again!
- This turkey and leek pie is a simple and quick recipe for using up any leftover turkey from the festive period. It’s a delicious low cost family meal that only requires a few ingredients.
- Turkey filo pastry samosas are so easy to make. Filled with delicious turkey mince then baked rather than fried, compared to butter pastry samosas they are nearly a third of the calories!
Turkey and courgette bake is the perfect weeknight dinner for when you're short of time. Healthy and filling with a creamy sauce inside topped with delicious mashed potato, and it's low cost too!
Turkey and Courgette Bake Recipe
Wondering what to serve with this turkey bake?
Green beans and sweetcorn are a great option. Just use frozen ones and microwave whilst the turkey and courgette bake is in the oven!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Turkey And Courgette Bake Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 600 g peeled and chopped white potatoes
- 295 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 75 g low fat grated cheddar cheese
- 300 g turkey breast cooked and cut into cubes
- 400 g courgettes zucchini, diced
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan
- Boil potatoes in salted water, then mash
- In a medium sized saucepan heat the condensed soup gently, bring to the boil, turn down to simmer.
- Add the grated cheese and the turkey breast. Combine well until the cheese has melted and you have a thick sauce consistency then stir in the courgette. Allow the mixture to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Empty the turkey mixture into a casserole dish and top with the mashed potato, flattening out evenly all over with a fork.
- Bake in the centre of oven for approximately 20 – 25 minutes until the top is golden.
- Serve with some green vegetables
rachel @ athletic avocado
Mmmmmm this is live a revamped version of shepards pie! Love that it only has a few ingredients too 🙂
Susie @ SuzLyfe
Just what I was thinking!
Thanks, you would love this too Susie! 😀
I love shephards pie Rachel, and I'm guessing you do too?
So yeah, this is a really simplified version of that with fewer ingredients. 🙂
Zucchini is seriously sneaking its way into EVERYTHING these days! EVERYTHING! haha!!! Except for ALL the food that I make - ha! Perhaps I do need to change this though because I do love the veggie... Or wait, fruit?! 😉
It is making it's way into everything, you're right GiGi.
And I'm pretty sure we can find some kind of decent substitute for you in this dish. In fact maybe you could just make Turkey and Salmon Bake? Ha ha 😉
Shashi at RunninSrilankan
Neil, What a fantastic bake! So dreamy and creamy and yet so darn healthy! I try making things from scratch most times, but sometimes life is too hectic to - and like you did here, I too depend on packaged goods to make my dinner planning a bit easier - and you kept it healthy still!
Thanks Shashi, it's difficult making everything from scratch all the time especially when you've got blog posts and new recipes to trial out too isn't it?
Still, we do try don't we. And, I was really happy with how this healthier bake turned out, even though it wasn't with the normal homemade sauce I would have made.