Healthier Waldorf salad. Made with a reduced fat, reduced calorie dressing. Easy and quick to make up in the morning as a packed lunch or as a healthy snack.
Here, I hope I can prove to you, that you can substitute the heavy full fat mayonnaise original Waldorf salad dressing with this lighter one, without ruining the taste.
Hey and apparently too it’s coming into summer here in Scotland. We’ve yet to see much of the sun, or to feel its warmth, but hey, I’m grateful that the temperature has at least moved into double digits!
Nevertheless I feel it’s time to switch from having soup most days for lunch and to post some of my salad options, like this healthy Waldorf salad 🙂
“Bulk” the salad up with a tomato, more lettuce or extra apple if you feel it’s not enough to fill you up.
Adding more walnuts would increase the overall calories significantly though, so go easy on those.
Look out for lots more healthy salad recipes to come.
This is my take on the classic Waldorf salad, made with a reduced fat, reduced calorie dressing.
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp no fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbps. lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 golden delicious apple chopped
- 1 Romaine / cos or 2 little gem lettuces
- 70 g chopped celery sticks
- 70 g seedless red grapes
- 40 g roughly chopped up walnut pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Put all of the dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake well.
- Remove the core from the apple and discard. Dice the apple and place in a large mixing bowl with the lettuce, chopped celery, red grapes and walnut pieces.
- Mix in the dressing and toss well,
- Serve garnished with a the chopped parsley.
I hope you enjoy this, let me know if you have any comments, or suggestions on my version of waldorf salad below. 😀
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.