Vegan semolina chocolate pudding. Low fat, low carb and only 233 calories per serving. You won’t believe that when you taste it, as it’s just so utterly decadent and chocolatey! Great if you’re watching your waistline!
When I was missing things in vegan January like pudding and in particular chocolate, I conjured up this semolina chocolate pudding to compensate for both and wow did I surprise myself with just how good it tasted.
It was like someone jumping up and giving me a huge great big chocolate kiss. Plus, it actually felt like I was having a real chocolate dessert. You know one of those ones you have when you’re out at a restaurant to round off a fab meal?
I’ve got to say though, this semolina chocolate pudding won’t have you feeling bloated after it. It’s pretty light going, but it’s still just enough to give you that full up chocolate feeling!
Plus there’s the lovely toasted nuts to give that all-satisfying crunch.
This delicious semolina chocolate pudding is low in fat, low in carbs and only 233 calories per serving.
- 80 g fine semolina flour
- 500 ml cold water
- 4 tbsp date nectar
- 4 tbsp hot water
- 80 g vegan / non vegan dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp toasted chopped nuts
- Place the semolina flour and cold water into a saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan gently, stirring the semolina to remove any lumps.
- When the semolina has thickened and completely absorbed all of the water, scrape all of the semolina from the saucepan into a blender. Add the date nectar.
- Place the hot water and dark chocolate into a saucepan and heat gently until melted into a liquid form.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the blender with the semolina and blend until smooth.
- Divide the semolina between four small serving ramekins and refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the semolina from the refrigerator at least 20 minutes before serving and decorate with the toasted chopped nuts.
I can imagine serving this semolina chocolate pudding at a dinner party.
I don’t know about you but I often spend so long flapping about getting the main course ready that the dessert is often left to the last minute.
Fortunately, that’s absolutely fine with this semolina chocolate pudding because it’ll take you just 30 minutes to get it into the fridge and in a couple of hours you can take it out whilst the chat still goes on, meaning you don’t disappear into the kitchen for ages.
There you go it’s a sociable pudding too. 🙂
Why you’ll love this Semolina Chocolate Pudding
Right, so let’s just list off here everything that’s right about this semolina chocolate pudding:-
- It tastes just like a rich, creamy, full fat chocolate mousse dessert.
- It’s only 233 calories
- It’s simple and quick to make
- It’s suitable for vegans
- It’s perfect for dinner parties
- My semolina breakfast porridge was getting lonely and needed a friend.
- It’s sociable (has that ever been said about a pudding before? 🙂 )
So, I’m going to leave you now in complete awe.
Unless of course you’ve already left and are charging your way through your local supermarket to get your semolina chocolate pudding ingredients right now!
Catch you Thursday! 😀
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.