These skinny coconut and vanilla muffins are made with Greek yogurt and no butter helping to keep the calorie and fat count as low as possible. Delicious and with a moist centre they make for a perfect healthy snack!
At just 205 calories per skinny coconut and vanilla muffn you have no reason not to enjoy this tasty treat!
And it all came about when I was wondering what to do with the whole coconut which I’d bought on Sunday of which I’d only used a few shavings from for our Sunday curry.
Those of you who follow Neil’s Healthy Meals will know that I hate to waste anything!
So I thought I would try a quick and easy muffin recipe using some grated coconut and some vanilla.
I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome, these amazingly moist skinny coconut and vanilla muffins.
As were my colleagues at work who scoffed them! 🙂
I love sharing my home baking recipes and it makes all the difference when you get validation like that.
When you’re work colleagues eat the lot!
Sometimes actions talk louder than words eh?
As a suggestion to make a bit of difference to the icing sugar topping, you could add a little vanilla extract in the topping if you wanted more vanilla flavour.
I like the really light fluffy texture and taste of the topping complimenting it, as is, but Lynne liked it with slightly more vanilla.
Each to their own though eh?
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75 g caster sugar.
- 100 g shredded / grated coconut / dessicated
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml no-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 100 g icing sugar
- 4 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 180C (faand line a 12 hole muffin / fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl sift flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add in sugar, coconut, vanilla extract and yogurt and mix all together.
- In a smaller mixing bowl mix together eggs, milk and oil.
- Gradually fold the small mixing bowl’s ingredients into the flour in the large mixing bowl.
- Spoon the mixture between the 12 paper cases.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes in the centre of an oven until risen and brown. Check the centre of one with a tooth pick to ensure it comes out clean.
- Transfer and cool on a wire rack.
Once cooled drizzle with icing sugar topping and leave for the icing to set.
Well anyway, I hope you enjoy these skinny coconut and vanilla muffins.
I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
And of course don’t forget to subscribe for future recipes like this!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.