You’ll love this stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas recipe. Not only is it really healthy but it’s quick and easy to prepare too. A perfect quick healthy meal for two ready in just 40 minutes!
The addition of the sugar snap peas and roasted cashew nuts give this stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas recipe an extra boost towards daily recommended amounts of vitamins and fibre.
Plus, sugar snap peas can aid in losing or maintaining current weight and add a wonderful “crunch” to this low fat stir fry turkey dish too.
And, as the turkey is marinated first, less oil is needed, cutting the overall fat content and helping to prevent the turkey drying out during cooking.
- 300 g turkey breasts cut into strips
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 70 g cashew nuts
- 160 g sugar snap peas
- 8 spring onions topped and tailed and cut length ways
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander / parsley to garnish
- Place the turkey breast strips into a shallow dish with the five spice powder, soy sauce, crushed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and water. Mix together well and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast the cashew nuts in a dry wok over a medium heat. Put aside to cool.
- Add the turkey breast strips and all of the juices from the shallow dish and stir fry for about 4 minutes. Once cooked, remove the turkey strips from the wok with a slotted spoon.
- Add the sugar snap peas to the remaining marinade in the wok and stir fry for approximately 4 – 5 minutes. If there is insufficient marinade left, or the wok starts drying out, add a couple of tablespoons of hot water.
- Add the turkey strips back to the wok, then the spring onions and stir fry everything together for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately dividing between 2 plates and garnish with coriander / parsley.
If you like this stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas recipe, then be sure to check out my stir fried sesame chicken, leek and noodles recipe too!
Visual Recipe Menu
I’ve finally got round to adding the visual recipe list I mentioned back in my pea and mint soup post and then in my breakfast couscous post 😀 . To be honest I was holding back and updating as many of the photo’s as possible. I still am updating these, and I am still learning and improving with various food photography courses. Rest assured though, the recipes are all ones fully tested many times – they rarely change.
Here’s some basic screenshots which show how to navigate to find the visual recipes from the menu bar above. In case you hadn’t already tried / found them. 🙂
1) Select Recipes from the Menu Bar.
2) Select which meal course you want to see. (e.g. Breakfast)
3) Select the meal category you want to see. (e.g. Oats)
And hey presto! All the pictures of the recipes I have produced in that meal course category, so far appear, and you just need to click the one you are interested in to be taken to the post where it is contained and you can print it off. Even without reading my ramblings!!
Tesco Wine Fair
So anyway, how was your weekend? To be honest mine seems like a complete blur now! I said last week that we would be heading to the Tesco Wine Fair in Edinburgh. We did, it was amazing and 3 hours of sampling beautiful wines from all over the world passed quickly in the 3 hours we were there. Funny that…… 😛
We ended up having lunch at Nandos as it was quick and easy. Although quite a warm day in Edinburgh, it was exceptionally windy, so not really a day to be walking about too much. Here’s a photo of Lynne and her friend Jen with Edinburgh Castle in the background.
The other photo’s came out a bit “wobbly”. So we’ll just keep it to this one shall we? Lol. 😉
Thanks for keeping up and following me.
Please post any recipe comments about this stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas recipe on the neilshealthymeals Facebook site or in the comments below, I always answer and appreciate your time in doing this. See ya Thursday! 😀
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.