Chilli beef stir fry. Thin strips of steak, pepper and green beans cooked in a tasty sauce make up this sensational easy, healthy stir fry. Wok to table in just over 30 minutes!
Folks, it's time to add another delicious new stir fry to the collection of quick healthy meals with this chilli beef stir fry.
I guarantee that the aroma of the kaffir lime leaves, as you stir them around the wok, watching them mingle, imagining and anticipating their flavour, is enough to make you stick your head closer to the cooking of this sumptuous stir fry.
You'll be so excited to taste that delicious sweet kaffir lime sauce!
This really is a quick healthy meal. One that you can put together really quickly serving two people.
It took just one trial of this chilli beef stir fry last Sunday for lunch for it to receive that acclaimed pass mark and thumbs up from my other half.
The nodding head and the “mmmmm”, sealing this recipe to be immortalised for ever more into the collection.
There was just one comment. Not enough chilli!
I’d only used half of the whole chilli as I’d thought it might be too hot for her. So right back into the recipe the rest of the chilli went!
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Stir Fry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas is a recipe you’ll just love. It’s healthy, low carb and quick and easy to prepare too. A perfect weeknight dinner!
- Stir fried scallops with whole wheat noodles. Not only is this delicious dish ready to eat in less than half an hour, but by using frozen scallops you’ll keep the costs as low as possible.
- Healthy spring stir-fry vegetables is a delicious and easy dinner recipe. Ready in just 20 minutes. Why not choose your own selection of healthy veggies?
Chilli Beef Stir Fry Recipe
If you cannot get fresh green beans you can substitute with frozen green beans. Allow them to thaw naturally first otherwise they might be a bit soggy though!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chilli Beef Stir Fry Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 320 g frying steak , thinly sliced
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves , finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli , de-seeded and finely chopped
- 160 g green beans
- 1 medium red pepper (capsicum), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the beef in 2 batches, stir frying for 2 – 3 minutes until browned, then remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves and chilli then stir fry together for about 30 seconds to a minute until you can smell the fragrance of the lime.
- Add the green beans and pepper, stir fry for 30 seconds to a minute until combined, then add the soy sauce, fish stock and lime juice. Stir fry until the green beans are just tender.
- Return the beef strips to the wok. Stir fry until re-heated and combined well with vegetables.
- Serve in bowls on their own, making the recipe low carb too, or on plates with just a little rice.