Chilli beef stir fry. Thin strips of steak, pepper and green beans cooked in a tasty sauce make up this sensational easy, healthy stir fry. Wok to table in just over 30 minutes!
Folks, it’s time to add another delicious new stir fry to the collection of quick healthy meals with this chilli beef stir fry.
I guarantee that the aroma of the kaffir lime leaves, as you stir them around the wok, watching them mingle, imagining and anticipating their flavour, is enough to make you stick your head closer to the cooking of this sumptuous stir fry.
You’ll be so excited to taste that delicious sweet kaffir lime sauce!
This really is a quick healthy meal. One that you can put together really quickly serving two people.
It took just one “Lynne” trial of this chilli beef stir fry, last Sunday for lunch, for it to receive that acclaimed “pass” mark, and thumbs up.
The nodding head and the “mmmmm”, sealing this recipe to be immortalised for ever more into the collection.
There was just one comment. Not enough chilli! I’d only used half of the whole chilli as I’d thought it might be too hot for her. So right back into the recipe the rest of the chilli went!
So…anyway, let me just come back into reality there, back from the thoughts of enjoying that lunch together and continue with what’s going on here at the moment.
So, it’s 5.48am Wednesday morning. I’ve 10 minutes to finish writing this up before I’ll email it to Lynne for her proof reading through today. This is Thursday’s scheduled post.
In 10 minutes I’ll get my breakfast then I’ll do a quick catch up on some blog reading, have a shower, drive into Glasgow, park the car, get a train though to Edinburgh at 08:12 (picking up an Americano from Starbucks on the way), and walk a good 25 minutes to our office, where I’ve a meeting scheduled.
Actually it’s a bit like deja vu because I did exactly the same thing yesterday, albeit I was in Dundee!
I also managed to meet up with my folks (sorry mum I’ll not leave it 5 months before I see you next time – my bad!) for a spot of lunch at the DCA.
A pretty delicious lentil and goats cheese salad I must say.
Also, wow, let me just tell you this, after weeks of moaning at you here about the weather, it was 20 degrees, the sun was shining and the scenery on the train from Glasgow to Dundee, just stunning!
Right, 3 minutes to go…I’ve also just registered for this years’ “Great Scottish Run” on October 4th. Just the 10k again, so I can attempt to beat my previous time of 50:53. I did toy with the idea of doing the half marathon, but that would involve more training than what I already do for the 10k, and as I’m only just settling into this new routine I think that would be pushing it!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Stir Fry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas is a recipe you’ll just love. It’s healthy, low carb and quick and easy to prepare too. A perfect weeknight dinner!
- Stir fried scallops with whole wheat noodles. Not only is this delicious dish ready to eat in less than half an hour, but by using frozen scallops you’ll keep the costs as low as possible.
- Healthy spring stir-fry vegetables is a delicious and easy dinner recipe. Ready in just 20 minutes. Why not choose your own selection of healthy veggies?
Chilli Beef Stir Fry Recipe
If you cannot get fresh green beans you can substitute with frozen green beans. Allow them to thaw naturally first otherwise they might be a bit soggy though!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chilli Beef Stir Fry
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 320 g frying steak , thinly sliced
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves , finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli , de-seeded and finely chopped
- 160 g green beans
- 1 medium red pepper (capsicum), thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the beef in 2 batches, stir frying for 2 – 3 minutes until browned, then remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves and chilli then stir fry together for about 30 seconds to a minute until you can smell the fragrance of the lime.
- Add the green beans and pepper, stir fry for 30 seconds to a minute until combined, then add the soy sauce, fish stock and lime juice. Stir fry until the green beans are just tender.
- Return the beef strips to the wok. Stir fry until re-heated and combined well with vegetables.
- Serve in bowls on their own, making the recipe low carb too, or on plates with just a little rice.