No-Bake cereal breakfast bars are an easy to make grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Made with healthy oats, seeds and nuts they're great snacks too!
Folks, these no-bake cereal breakfast bars are much healthier than shop bought ones.
These homemade cereal breakfast bars contain no added artificial sugar and no preservatives.
Just like my fruit and nut snack bars they're crammed full of healthy oats, nuts and seeds but this time with added cereal.
They're easy to make too and deliciously sweet and chewy.
If your mornings are busy its so easy to just leave the house and grab a cereal bar for breakfast from a convenience store.
They're easy to eat on the go, not too expensive and often give the impression that they're really healthy for you.
If you're hungry between meals they could also be the ideal healthy snack.
But are cereal breakfast bars healthy?
Are Cereal Breakfast Bars Healthy?
The answer is, some are and some aren't!
The only way to know is to check the nutritional label of your chosen cereal breakfast bar and make sure that the calories, fat and sugar content are within an acceptable range.
That range can vary depending on your age, size and levels of physical activity, among other factors.
Check out my Healthy Living pages for more details.
Do also check the level of salt in your breakfast bar. Some contain high amounts of salt. A diet high in salt can cause raised blood pressure, which can increase your risk of heart disease and stroke.
Really the best thing to do is to make your own cereal breakfast bars from scratch. That way you know what the ingredients are and what exactly you're eating!
Tips For How To Make Cereal Breakfast Bars
- Make sure you line your baking tray with greaseproof / parchment paper as you'll use this to lift out your frozen slab in order to cut it into bars.
- If you can get reduced salt and reduced sugar cornflakes then all the better.
- Use smooth peanut butter as it's more binding than crunchy peanut butter.
- Only place the baking tin into your freezer to harden the slab. This should be about 30 minutes but may vary depending on what level your freezer is set at. You don't want it frozen solid or you won't be able to cut it.
- As soon as you've cut the slab into bars, wrap them individually in cling film and store them in your frdge. This helps to keep them from falling apart.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Similar No-Bake Cereal Breakfast Bar Ideas You Might Also Like
- No-bake banana energy bars make a fantastic tasty snack that will help boost your energy levels and keep you fuller for longer. Plus they're only 259 calories each!
- No-bake almond oat bars are crammed full of delicious healthy oats, almonds, almond butter and honey. Easily portable, they’re a guaranteed energy boost just when you need it most.
- No-bake breakfast granola bars are low calorie, nut free and so easy to make. They’re not only ideal as a quick grab breakfast, but as a healthy snack option during the day too!
No-Bake Cereal Breakfast Bars Recipe
You'll get 12 delicious no-bake cereal breakfast bars from this recipe. Perfect to last you the whole week and more.
These cereal breakfast bars are also dairy free. They make a perfect healthy "pick me up" snack too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
No-Bake Cereal Breakfast Bars Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 175 g porridge oats
- 75 g corn flakes crushed
- 65 g un-salted peanuts chopped
- 75 g pumpkin seeds
- 75 g sultanas
- 250 g smooth peanut butter
- 150 g honey
- Line the bottom and sides of an 30cm x 20cm baking tray with greaseproof / parchment paper.
- Mix the porridge oats, corn flakes, peanuts, pumpkin seeds and sultanas in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over a low heat mix the peanut butter and honey together until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter honey mixture into the large bowl with the cereal and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the combined sticky oats mixture into the lined baking tray and flatten it out all over by pressing down with the tips of your fingers making sure the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Place baking tin into freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove from the freezer, lift out the hardened slab using the greaseproof paper onto a cutting board, and cut into 12 bars.
- Store the cereal breakfast bars in your fridge, each wrapped individually in cling film for quick grab on the go breakfasts or snacks.