This chicken sausage casserole recipe is a healthy low calorie one pot weeknight dinner which takes less than an hour to make. Delicious comfort food all the family will love!
There’s so much going on in this tasty healthy tomato based chicken sausage casserole recipe.
I just don’t know where to start with all the benefits!
Thank you Cirio!
Secondly, this easy one pot sausage casserole recipe is an excellent source of fibre, vitamins, protein and its low calorie too.
Helping to provide the essentials for a healthy lifestyle, which you can read about fully in the healthy living section.
And finally as it’s a one pot casserole that means it’s all cooked in the same pot saving on the washing up. Saving time and making this an excellent easy family meal.
The quality and taste of their tomato products really give this healthy chicken sausage casserole it’s rich authentic taste.
I really do recommend you trying them out.
Of course if you can’t get Cirio then an equally good quality brand will do.
For This Chicken Sausage Casserole Recipe You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the casserole pot I use. It’s made of cast iron with a smooth enamel finish to reinforce durability and resistance.
You’ll see me using it in many of my recipes and recipe photographs.
Hygienic and easy to clean there is no absorption of colours and tastes. It’s ovenproof and suitable for all hob types.
It also comes with a lifetime guarantee. You’ll never need to buy another casserole pot after you buy this one!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Casserole Recipes You Might Also Like
- Low fat venison sausage casserole is an extremely tasty and easy one pot budget family meal. Made in just one hour, you’ll want to add this recipe to your quick healthy meals dinner list!
- This Mediterranean vegetable casserole is not only packed full of flavour but with loads of healthy veggies, this fantastic vegan family dish is also extremely filling and satisfying!
- Tasty one pot, lamb and lentil casserole recipe. Perfect on it’s own or served with rice. Packed full of flavour and with a huge amount of protein and vitamins this is a family dinner winner!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Well folks I hope you enjoy this low fat sausage casserole.
I’m looking forward to bringing you a brand new banana almond overnight quinoa breakfast recipe this Thursday.
It’s one that I’ve been enjoying taking into work, and a change from porridge nearly every day.
And, because the weather got just a little warmer here in Scotland, it’s actually been OK to have a cold breakfast rather than NEEDING a hot one to warm me up!
Catch you Thursday!
Chicken Sausage Casserole Recipe
If you liked this low calorie chicken sausage casserole recipe, why not check out my casserole recipes section? There’s sure to be other low calorie meals you’ll enjoy!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chicken Sausage Casserole Recipe
- 6 chicken sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml finely chopped tomatoes with chilli*
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped Jalapenos from a jar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grill the chicken sausages under a medium grill, or use a George Forman grill, once cooked lay aside to cool whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the olive oil in a stove proof casserole dish or a medium sized saucepan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the green pepper and sauté for a further 3 to 4 minutes until soft.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes, the finely chopped tomatoes and the tomato paste. Bring the tomato contents of the saucepan to the boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Whilst simmering away cut the sausages into half lengthways and then half the halves, and cut those in half so that you have 8 pieces from each sausage.
- Add the sausage pieces to the saucepan along with the black beans and chopped jalapenos.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until everything has cooked through and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide between bowls and serve with couscous or wholegrain basmati rice