Indulge a little here with this no bake white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. A tasty crunchy biscuit base covered in a light creamy white chocolate filling stuffed with fresh raspberries.
I made this white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake because it was one that Lynne and I tried when we were choosing what pudding to have for our wedding menu.
We actually decided on the chocolate chip and vanilla bread and butter pudding, because we felt that was more traditional, and we had guests coming here, to Scotland, from as far as Australia whom we wanted to taste the very best of our Scottish Fayre.
But, I’ve never forgotten our second choice, a stunning white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. This is my re-make of it.
Naturally, as I do, I’ve “lightened” this up a bit, using a low fat soft cream cheese and no fat yogurt, which your waistline will thank you for. But I can assure you that there is absolutely no loss in flavour, which your taste buds will also thank you for!
At this point I feel I should offer an explanation to those of you who have clicked on over to check out this amazing white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake recipe but are questioning, why is this on a “healthy meals” site?
Well, you see…..
Those of you who you follow me (thank you) or check out my recipes regularly, for fear of boring you with the usual explanation, please scroll down!
But, if you are still reading this, thanks for coming over to check out this recipe and my blog. Here at neilshealthymeals I promote and advocate the 80/20 lifestyle which means for as long as you eat healthily for 80% of the time and have a regular exercise routine, you can afford to indulge in indulgent pleasures like this white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake for the other 20% of the time.
As the site title says, you really CAN have your cake and eat it!
Right, phew, and with that long explanation / disclaimer over and done with, let’s get on with drooling over this cheesecake shall we?
How to make this white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake
This decadent beauty requires no cooking, just time to let the sweet cheesecake magic happen.
Ideally prepare this the day before you want to serve it. Or allow at least 6 – 8 hours for it to chill in the fridge before slicing
Use fresh raspberries, if you can get them, as they are less watery than frozen ones.
Serve to your guests / family on plates with forks. And best of all enjoy!
- 125 g digestive biscuits U.S graham crackers
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 300 g white chocolate bars broken into chunks
- 300 ml light/reduced fat double cream U.S. whipping/heavy cream
- 100 ml fat free yogurt
- 300 g low fat soft cream cheese
- 300 g fresh raspberries
- Crush the biscuits by placing them all in a bag and bashing them up to a breadcrumb consistency using a rolling pin, or use a food processor.
- Gently melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir in the crushed biscuits, ensuring they absorb all of the melted butter.
- Empty the biscuit butter mixture into a well greased, round loose bottom 15cm/6" cake tin, and press down ensuring all the base is covered evenly with the mixture. Then pop into the fridge for at least one hour.
- Place the white chocolate chunks in a bowl over some freshly boiled water and stir the white chocolate chunks until completely melted.
- Either using a hand whisk or in a stand mixer beat the cream until stiff, then gently fold in the yogurt, cream cheese, melted chocolate and ¼ of the fresh raspberries.
- Once the biscuit base is solid, scatter a ¼ of the raspberries over the base and then spoon the entire cheesecake mixture on top.
- Top with the remaining raspberries and pop back into the fridge to chill for at least 6 - 8 hours, or overnight if you can.
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.